Squad Development 2024/25

Live scenes from my house this morning when @Balkanite heard the Dzeko rumour :lol:

b6jj0qf4mrbb1.jpg

Stranger things have happened in the A-League. Who would have thought the likes of Villa, Del Piero and Sturridge would have come here?

He has three young kids, I'm sure our lifestyle here is appealing and he would be able to live in relative anonymity. If the cash on offer is half decent, why couldn't it happen?  

Balks mentioned this morning that Dzeko has said multiple times in interviews he wants to keep playing as long as he can, and go somewhere he's going to get decent game time and not end up on the bench. 

24 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

Live scenes from my house this morning when @Balkanite heard the Dzeko rumour :lol:

b6jj0qf4mrbb1.jpg

Stranger things have happened in the A-League. Who would have thought the likes of Villa, Del Piero and Sturridge would have come here?

He has three young kids, I'm sure our lifestyle here is appealing and he would be able to live in relative anonymity. If the cash on offer is half decent, why couldn't it happen?  

Balks mentioned this morning that Dzeko has said multiple times in interviews he wants to keep playing as long as he can, and go somewhere he's going to get decent game time and not end up on the bench. 

It's a lovely image 

1 hour ago, Upthehill said:

No

Everyone is interested in Australia until they see the remuneration :D Live in paradise but all you can afford to eat is coconuts

Especially the taxes that foreign residents get taxed almost half their salary

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Good age 32 ,.I bet you ends up at Sydney or Melbourne City

He's too young for us we don't move for players like that until they are at least 37

Plus isn't he Arnie's son in law.

10 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Shouldn't be an issue now under Staj

I think it might (regardless of who the coach is). I can't imagine Arnie being happy if he played for us.

Edited by WHACKO
14 hours ago, WHACKO said:

I think it might (regardless of who the coach is). I can't imagine Arnie being happy if he played for us.

Sainsbury isn't getting back into the Socceroos not with the depth we have probably 8 or 9 CBs that are in front of him. There would have to be a storm of injuries for Sainsbury to be even considered at this stage. But he would be great to bring back to our club.

After watching RBTV last night it is pretty clear that either they have lost their internal source from the club or WSW have not even started the scouting process? Seems a little concerning that we arent getting any rumours about new players coming in to the side. 

1 minute ago, Bangaverage said:

After watching RBTV last night it is pretty clear that either they have lost their internal source from the club or WSW have not even started the scouting process? Seems a little concerning that we arent getting any rumours about new players coming in to the side. 

Seems that way, They were just as clueless as we are in terms of whats really going on at the club.