A-League Women & WSW Women 2024/2025

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

WS Wanderers youth teams for girls.

Football Institute being closed

https://footballnsw.com.au/2024/07/25/football-nsw-announces-girls-youth-and-senior-womens-competition-updates/

Football Institute was where Smurfs usually get their players for their A-League women's team!

Whilst this move was inevitable, this is going to decimate the stocks of some of the prominent local clubs and I doubt it will be favorably received.

1 hour ago, MartinTyler said:

Whilst this move was inevitable, this is going to decimate the stocks of some of the prominent local clubs and I doubt it will be favorably received.

As i understand it at the moment, WS  Wanderers is the only new club.

(Emerging) Jets and Macarthur Bulls (formerly Northbridge) all have girls Academy teams in Girls Youth League 1. Football Institute is also in the same league.

CCM have their Girls Academy teams in Girls Youth League 2

37 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

As i understand it at the moment, WS  Wanderers is the only new club.

(Emerging) Jets and Macarthur Bulls (formerly Northbridge) all have girls Academy teams in Girls Youth League 1. Football Institute is also in the same league.

CCM have their Girls Academy teams in Girls Youth League 2

I'm sure that Sydney FC wont want to miss out and they will raid the likes of Manly, Leichhardt and Sydney Uni. When Bulls get a proper home they will look to grab from Illawarra and Rams plus we'll pick up the best from the remaining Western based clubs. There's not the depth in girls football as there is in boys so it could become very lop sided.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Begin the rumour mill. How do we entice Marta to come here though? I doubt El-Jannah's and Bondi are enough.

There are a lot of Brazilians around and a lot of açai bowl places plus Brazilian BBQ joints - should be plenty to entice 

With the draw coming out, we've currently got two 'home' TBC venues - based on previous seasons, I'm going to have a guess that these will be potentially Carrington Park, Bathurst (fingers crossed!) again for our match against Newcastle Jets (Friday 14th February, 2025), and our home Derby on Friday 28th March, 2025 - I'll take a stab it'll be at Marconi. 

Lauren Keir has announced her retirement from football.  😔 

It appears as though she’s been struggling with injuries (again) recently unfortunately. 

Really enjoyed watching her play for us, and in NPLW matches!