What Really Grinds My Gears 5

1 hour ago, luisenrique said:

The apartments on the top floor of my building are having their balconies adjusted or something, anyway, they're doing construction for a few months (beats me how it can take that long, but then it apparently takes 3 years to build a stadium).

Fair enough during the week, but some %$%$%$%$% is using a power drill at 9.30 on a Saturday morning FOR ****S SAKE

So, you're saying he should have started at 7?

1 hour ago, luisenrique said:

The apartments on the top floor of my building are having their balconies adjusted or something, anyway, they're doing construction for a few months (beats me how it can take that long, but then it apparently takes 3 years to build a stadium).

Fair enough during the week, but some %$%$%$%$% is using a power drill at 9.30 on a Saturday morning FOR ****S SAKE

930??!!!!  I got woken up at 445am!!!!! By birds chirping FFS!!!!  :xmad:

Stupid nature  :nono:

:P 

I'm loving the noisy chorus of lorrikeets coming from  our black bean tree in flower atm. So raucous. ..All day long. Got the cats intimidated!

Then there's the Koel Cuckoo who's just arrived...calling for his partner.  

Nature in the city!!

We're so lucky to have it in our suburbs!!

:)  :)

8 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I'm loving the noisy chorus of lorrikeets coming from  our black bean tree in flower atm. So raucous. ..All day long. Got the cats intimidated!

Then there's the Cowell?? Cuckoo who's just arrived...calling for his partner.  

Nature in the city!!

Umm Teach, this is the GRINDS thread....you should've pulled out a slingshot....

2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Then there's the Cowell?? Cuckoo who's just arrived...calling for his partner.  

Nature in the city!!

We have two or three of these guys around us. The thing is the mating call can go on for hours and hours. Heard one of the neighbours in their backyard say with exacerbation..." C'mon ladies, help the guy out, please, it's getting really annoying and I'd love some peace and quiet."...... 

1 minute ago, sonar said:

We have two or three of these guys around us. The thing is the mating call can go on for hours and hours. Heard one of the neighbours in their backyard say with exacerbation..." C'mon ladies, help the guy out, please, it's getting really annoying and I'd love some peace and quiet."...... 

Yeah he's fuucking annoying on TV too....

1 hour ago, sonar said:

My understanding is that they have flown down from the tropical North - or even New Guinea.

They pair for life.

The males are stronger and fly faster - so they arrive a week or so before the females.

So he is waiting at their southern (Summer) home and nesting site, and he calls her til she arrives.

I heard that 2nd hand, with that being reported on radio by some expert - as I recall.

I haven't researched it myself, and don't want to. 

It's a beautiful idea...and it helps ease the irritation factor....if one starts calling at odd hours of the early morning. :D:D

1 hour ago, sonar said:

1 hour ago, JackDoff said:

Umm Teach, this is the GRINDS thread....you should've pulled out a slingshot...

:P    See above!

:D:D

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-27/hottest-100-wont-be-held-on-australia-day-triple-j-says/9197014

Survey results backed a change of date

The station, which has been regularly holding the countdown on the public holiday since the 1990s, said it had 65,000 responses to a survey it posted earlier this year seeking the audience's perspective.

"We learnt that the majority of you (60 per cent) were in favour of moving the Hottest 100 to a different date," triple j said.

A second survey also returned a majority in favour of a date change.

The results of both surveys were analysed by an independent company, the station said.

On 25/11/2017 at 10:11 AM, luisenrique said:

Oh the days of being able to sleep past 930 on a Saturday, long gone for me now 

There 's also that stupid ad where the couple have designed some sort of <mumble> I can't hear what they say...and the Bank (can't remember which one) is really good 'cos they listen...and they drive around on a beach with some sort of trailery thing they've designed.

Excruciating!

I'm not remotely interested in cars- but I used to like most of the Hyundai car ads that used to be played non-stop during A League games.

And in just searching for one I liked I came upon this!!

:rofl::rofl:

8 hours ago, wendybr said:

There 's also that stupid ad where the couple have designed some sort of <mumble> I can't hear what they say...and the Bank (can't remember which one) is really good 'cos they listen...and they drive around on a beach with some sort of trailery thing they've designed.

Excruciating!

I'm not remotely interested in cars- but I used to like most of the Hyundai car ads that used to be played non-stop during A League games.

And in just searching for one I liked I came upon this!!

:rofl::rofl:

Being marrickville dwelling sbs / abc watching, vod consuming, guardian reading stereotype. I only see very view ads, I get them during A League and that’s about it

Now watching the cricket on nine is like letting a pipeline of Raw sewage into my home. The ads are so bad

- cooking shows, then 

- fast food 

- junior the voice etc

The as for four x gold makes me want to smash my tv

And yes the Nab ad with the trailer is bad but marginally more tolerable than the commbank one with the AFL reference 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Now watching the cricket on nine is like letting a pipeline of Raw sewage into my home. The ads are so bad

as are the commentators.

But yeah, I’m pretty good at ignoring ads, my brain completely switches off/goes into daydream mode when I’m not interested in something (which is not good when I’m meant to be listening to people!), but after a couple of days cricket watching they start to bore into your brain.

Can’t imagine what it’ll be like by the Sydney Test!

On 28/11/2017 at 11:40 AM, luisenrique said:

The cricket season every year is my brief window into the horrific world of free to air commercial tv which apparently forms a central component of many peoples' lives.

Basically this

On 11/28/2017 at 10:58 AM, btron3000 said:

as are the commentators.

But yeah, I’m pretty good at ignoring ads, my brain completely switches off/goes into daydream mode when I’m not interested in something (which is not good when I’m meant to be listening to people!), but after a couple of days cricket watching they start to bore into your brain.

Can’t imagine what it’ll be like by the Sydney Test!

You will be sat with a KFC bucket on your head whilst looking for deals on Trivago and thinking how fit the Trivago girl (apologies, I mean non gender specific travel app resource add presenter) is.....remember with every add break in the cricket a few brain cells die...

The worst thing about the last test was Kevin Pietersen's attempt at commentary, it was like listening to my son after he comes back from the MIL's tanked up on sugar.

Edited by WSWBoro

WGMG, my daily quiet keep myself to myself and don't anyone ******* dare interrupt me commute home now being interrupted by a crazy women.

Women asked me on Monday at the station if the train pulling is was the usual train to Gosford as due to the timetable change and all that.....said it was and thought that was that.......Swap from train to usual bus for last leg home and there she is again...because she says she lives near me and also says she seen me in the local shopping centre cafe last weekend and was 'watching me' wtf.....

Arrived at the station yesterday and and though I got lucky, but no, out she pops from behind a roof post thing asking how my day has been......usually after a couple of days my '**** off and leave me alone persona' does the job, this one may take a little longer I am sensing.

All I want to do is travel home and read for a bit, fall asleep, browse shite on my phone.......I don't want to discuss bullshit.. 

Edited by WSWBoro
31 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

usually after a couple of days my '**** off and leave me alone persona' does the job, this one may take a little longer I am sensing.

All I want to do is travel home and read for a bit, fall asleep, browse shite on my phone.......I don't want to discuss bullshit.. 

I recommend a series of ever more elaborate disguises to throw her off the scent. That, or fake your own death.

1 hour ago, WSWBoro said:

.....usually after a couple of days my '**** off and leave me alone persona' does the job, this one may take a little longer I am sensing.

Or you can tell her your're just on your way to see your parole officer.......lol.....

2 hours ago, WSWBoro said:

WGMG, my daily quiet keep myself to myself and don't anyone ******* dare interrupt me commute home now being interrupted by a crazy women.

Women asked me on Monday at the station if the train pulling is was the usual train to Gosford as due to the timetable change and all that.....said it was and thought that was that.......Swap from train to usual bus for last leg home and there she is again...because she says she lives near me and also says she seen me in the local shopping centre cafe last weekend and was 'watching me' wtf.....

Arrived at the station yesterday and and though I got lucky, but no, out she pops from behind a roof post thing asking how my day has been......usually after a couple of days my '**** off and leave me alone persona' does the job, this one may take a little longer I am sensing.

:lol: 

you sound like me!  only much taller!    

is she a bit of a looker though?  .. :ninja: 

1 hour ago, JackDoff said:

:lol: 

you sound like me!  only much taller!    

is she a bit of a looker though?  .. :ninja: 

Aged 45ish to 50ish I would guess, already ascertained she has been divorced for a while, not because I have asked or shown any faint interest whatsoever. I stand looking at my phone whilst she chunters on and I just go uhuh, yeah, uhuh, hmmmm yeah. Go away next week anyway and when I come back I will be shifting work locations so this should get us out of commute step / sync.