What Floats Your Boat 4

Mate running into you would be a pleasure I'm sure.

It's the busy town and head to toe Kathmandu adorned littering wet wipe dropping Instagram posting suv slowly driving traffic making ones I try to avoid. :lol:

Beautiful day today though- enjoy. Looks like grand canyon is open again? It says Evans lookout is closed but maybe they mean the car park. Don't forget to ask if you want directions anywhere!

30 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

You're alright Marron...as @wendybr can attest, no one keeps a lower profile than me.

11 minutes ago, marron said:

It's the busy town and head to toe Kathmandu adorned littering wet wipe dropping Instagram posting suv slowly driving traffic making ones I try to avoid. :lol:

Beautiful day today though- enjoy. Looks like grand canyon is open again? It says Evans lookout is closed but maybe they mean the car park. Don't forget to ask if you want directions anywhere!

WHEN are you two just going to arrange a meet up...maybe with a kid or two.... to have a hike.. or a coffee.. or a pub meal?

Why on earth not??

Be brave...be bold.. and just do it!!

50 minutes ago, Carns said:

Lol at Wendy being the go between and trying to set up man dates.

Well they have heaps in common as forum mates, and it could include a couple of the kids.

Why not?

Well... I know why not...but that's no excuse. :lol:

Wendy :rolleyes:

Anyway...finally did the Grand Canyon this morning...only passed around 15 people I reckon and the busy areas I remember we had to ourselves..much nicer walk than I remember..

Lol at a small group trying to scramble across a big rock at a creek crossing because the stepping stones were under a bit of water :rolleyes:

Didn't even break stride, just stepped across the stones anyway and left them to whatever it was they were trying to do lol

Beautiful day for it, especially down the bottom out of the wind.

10 hours ago, marron said:

Evans lookout carpark and lookout fenced off but you can walk down the side to the Canyon walk.

It was a stunning day today actually. Had lunch down in the Canyon bottom and mucked around a bit..

Not many people.

Edited by Smoggy
10 hours ago, marron said:

I <cough> have a Kathmandu coat <cough> :blush::P

Had a run through it myself today after I saw it was back open. Last year a bloke in parks told me they had 200,000 people through it in the year, little wonder they're doing the carpark up. And yeah I know the spot you mean. 1 inch of water on a couple of steps :lol: People taking their shoes and socks off too :lol: There's an offtrack spot up the cliff just above it where I've sat in the past with a good view of the goings on :)

Better be posting some of those sketches ;)

2 minutes ago, marron said:

Had a run through it myself today after I saw it was back open. Last year a bloke in parks told me they had 200,000 people through it in the year, little wonder they're doing the carpark up. And yeah I know the spot you mean. 1 inch of water on a couple of steps :lol: People taking their shoes and socks off too :lol: There's an offtrack spot up the cliff just above it where I've sat in the past with a good view of the goings on :)

Better be posting some of those sketches ;)

Yeah..that sounds like the place lol There were a couple scrambling on the big rock next to the steps lol fook that...just get over the stones eh.

Yep, more or less at the lowest point. It's been closed since the fires, that way. Rodriguez follows the creek for a bit, not dissimilar to the rest of the GC, not for long though, then there are a bunch of waterfalls going all the way down to the bottom, stunning stuff. Steep, and some bush bashing required because there's some really big boulders and no clear path. Rodriguez then follows Greaves creek along the bottom until it hits Junction rock, and you can go right and go to Blue Gum and the Grose, or turn left and start climbing out following  Govetts creek- you get to the bottom of Govetts Leap and then hike up the cliff up the steep stairs... except pretty much I think they've given up trying to make those safe, it's unlikely they are going to ever open it all up again.

But at that point on the Grand Canyon loop below the lookout, just where you leave the cliff line and start going into the rainforest (or where you emerge at the cliff line if coming the other way)- if you keep walking along the cliff instead, there is a very easy pass called the horse track that gets down into the valley real quick and isn't too steep, and meets up with the rodriguez track. I have left my door, hopped on my bike and got down to the bottom in about 40 minutes that way (and I'm up near the highway). It was not "official", but I think they are planning to turn it into the way to go.

Edited by marron

Wind doesn't help!

If you really want to feel it get on up to Hat Hill and follow the track out to Bald Head. Best views - 360 degrees all the way to the big smoke, and then right over the Grose - but open country in parts, so it'd be blowing straight through you today.

Edited by marron
6 hours ago, marron said:

Wind doesn't help!

If you really want to feel it get on up to Hat Hill and follow the track out to Bald Head. Best views - 360 degrees all the way to the big smoke, and then right over the Grose - but open country in parts, so it'd be blowing straight through you today.

Nahh..went down  to the Megalong Valley and messed around near the river for a bit and did a few short walks. Diff world down there out of the wind. Road down there is a bit of a mess after all the rain I guess.

Then did the antique shops that the wife wanted to do...:stonedtrifiro:

The walk up to Hat Hill from the little car park at the end of the sealed bit of Hat Hill Rd is literally 5 minutes and worth it if you get a chance. Sunset up there can be pretty spectacular. Theres still time :lol:

And yeah Megalong rd just fell apart in places.

Edited by marron
3 minutes ago, marron said:

The walk up to Hat Hill from the little car park at the end of the sealed bit of Hat Hill Rd is literally 5 minutes and worth it if you get a chance. Sunset up there can be pretty spectacular.

And yeah Megalong rd just fell apart in places.

And jeez..that level crossing in Blackheath and the idiots lol How there isn't an accident there with trains and cars eh..dodgy ****ers sitting on the tracks lol

Like I said I usually keep a low profile haha. Most weekends I go out to loganbrae at Shipley to get apples but I don't  bother on long weekends, and if I must I take the back lane and go up past the station and cross back over at wombat st at the far end of town.

Must say that it's much quieter this one than the last couple of years though.