What Floats Your Boat 4

9 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Maybe she did who knows who is replying?

Nah she said “hey was nice to meet you too sorry I was really delayed at responding I was sleeping”

Anyway I’m back on the apps for now. So bad. Why would a girl choose me when some six foot tall, muscular, magazine cover smile model guy could be one swipe away? At least if I talked to the girls on the street, those other guys wouldn’t be around.

Dire at the moment.

14 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Anyway I’m back on the apps for now. So bad. Why would a girl choose me when some six foot tall, muscular, magazine cover smile model guy could be one swipe away? At least if I talked to the girls on the street, those other guys wouldn’t be around.

Dire at the moment.

Firstly, not all girls are into that sort of guy. And secondly, I know plenty of 'average' or 'normal' looking guys who have found their wives and long term partners on the apps. It's an absolute cluster**** at times, no doubt, and I'm glad I don't have to negotiate that world, but don't assume that every girl only wants a stereotype.

But I do agree that in general you'll be more successful pursuing interests/passions looking for like minded people or at social events of peers (which are obviously limited at the moment).

10 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Nah she said “hey was nice to meet you too sorry I was really delayed at responding I was sleeping”

Dire at the moment.

I don't know some to for personality and a sense of humour

second thoughts your stuffed best get to the gym 

2 hours ago, Carns said:

Firstly, not all girls are into that sort of guy. And secondly, I know plenty of 'average' or 'normal' looking guys who have found their wives and long term partners on the apps. It's an absolute cluster**** at times, no doubt, and I'm glad I don't have to negotiate that world, but don't assume that every girl only wants a stereotype.

But I do agree that in general you'll be more successful pursuing interests/passions looking for like minded people or at social events of peers (which are obviously limited at the moment).

Oh like it’s not impossible, I’m getting a few matches here and there. But I just feel I’m playing a rigged game.

I agree with you in that common interests would be good, but stuck at home at the moment. I’m off to the tennis tonight though! Maybe a nice tennis loving Unlimited loving girl will be there :wub:

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

I don't know some to for personality and a sense of humour

second thoughts your stuffed best get to the gym 

I’ve actually joined a gym, it’s actually pretty good

I overdid it on Sunday though so still nursing some sore muscles… in the arms. As they say “more curls, more gurls”

36 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Oh like it’s not impossible, I’m getting a few matches here and there. But I just feel I’m playing a rigged game.

I agree with you in that common interests would be good, but stuck at home at the moment. I’m off to the tennis tonight though! Maybe a nice tennis loving Unlimited loving girl will be there :wub:

I’ve actually joined a gym, it’s actually pretty good

I overdid it on Sunday though so still nursing some sore muscles… in the arms. As they say “more curls, more gurls”

Are you sure you aren't gay

Not that there is anything wrong with that 

52 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Are you sure you aren't gay

Not that there is anything wrong with that 

The app I’m using, Hinge, I think has figured out my type. There’s a section of the app called “Standouts” which purports to show you the people you’re most likely to like.

7 of 10 are white, brunette, brown eyes, slim/normal build, and average/attractive face

Needless to say, I would date all seven (if their personality matches with mine). One of them has a picture of them at the AFL though :bad:

6 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

The app I’m using, Hinge, I think has figured out my type. There’s a section of the app called “Standouts” which purports to show you the people you’re most likely to like.

7 of 10 are white, brunette, brown eyes, slim/normal build, and average/attractive face

Needless to say, I would date all seven (if their personality matches with mine). One of them has a picture of them at the AFL though :bad:

Yeah, keep away from the AFL types, whole family will be involved.

Before you know it you will be at the SCG with her parents wearing a red n white wooly bobble hat and a season membership for Xmas...just close your eyes and imagine that kind of hell...

Second worse would be a hillsong family that like to get their guitar out....I don't think that's  a euphemism...

Edited by Smoggy
18 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

At least she'd give you a point for missing the goal 

Edited by StringerBellend
1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Yeah, keep away from the AFL types, whole family will be involved.

Before you know it you will be at the SCG with her parents wearing a red n white wooly bobble hat and a season membership for Xmas...just close your eyes and imagine that kind of hell...

at least they’d be wanderers colours :ninja:

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Second worse would be a hillsong family that like to get their guitar out....I don't think that's  a euphemism...

I think they have their own apps.

(On the dark web. Hopefully being monitored by the AFP).

There are all sorts of good looking weirdos out there, someone will find you attractive, don't worry, curls or no. I'd be playing up the solid job angle though, that's going to be a winner with most.

4 minutes ago, marron said:

I think they have their own apps.

(On the dark web. Hopefully being monitored by the AFP).

There are all sorts of good looking weirdos out there, someone will find you attractive, don't worry, curls or no. I'd be playing up the solid job angle though, that's going to be a winner with most.

Yep, it the cash the women want. Ain't no millionaires walling around with munters.

1 hour ago, mack said:

Aren't you in finanace? Just rent a BMW and hire a yacht for a few days, get a suit and take some pics implying you made 50 million dollars on GameStop.

Just needs to hang out in a bar near Shelley street and talk loudly about bitcoin

I went to the Opera House and I noticed this girl sitting a couple of rows behind me. Blonde hair, tied into a ponytail, pretty face (although we all had to wear masks, you can tell) and this long red dress with a slit at the thigh. She looked amazing. Not like a supermodel, but someone who looked classy, elegant, and just beautiful.

Naturally, I was absolutely smitten. But you look at her and you just think, "Wow. She is just... stunning".

At the end of the performance, I deliberately went to the exit where she would be and tried to figure out how to talk to her. Would I even talk to her? Or would I chicken out again?

The friend she went with said she was going to the bathroom. The blonde parked herself to the side and was just browsing her phone.

A few deep breaths and I walked. And I kept walking until I was right next to her. I looked up (she was taller than me) and said hi.

And we talked. Turns out we both had common uni experiences and we bonded over that intellectual and emotional level.

It just felt so natural. She was genuinely interested in what I had to say, she asked questions, she gave long-form answers - honestly the vibe I got from her was just this genuinely nice, warm, and friendly person.

I felt that maybe finally I'd found the girl I've been looking for.

We actually talked for so long the ushers shooed us out, but even afterward, we kept chatting and chatting. For a girl I had only met, it was as if we'd known each other for weeks.

Finally I said to her, "Look, the reason I came over is because I thought you're absolutely beautiful and I wanted to ask you out on a date..."

"I'm really sorry to do this to you, but I should let you know I have a boyfriend."

It's the hope that gets you. But it's so bittersweet - ultimately, it really gives me an immense amount of confidence that this absolutely drop-dead gorgeous girl would even talk to me and it was so good to connect with her on an intellectual and emotional level, it was so powerful. Gives me hope there's another girl out there.

It just sucks that this one was already taken. We talked for five minutes more on other topics, wished each other good luck and left. I walked in one direction. She walked in the other.

22 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

I went to the Opera House and I noticed this girl sitting a couple of rows behind me. Blonde hair, tied into a ponytail, pretty face (although we all had to wear masks, you can tell) and this long red dress with a slit at the thigh. She looked amazing. Not like a supermodel, but someone who looked classy, elegant, and just beautiful.

Naturally, I was absolutely smitten. But you look at her and you just think, "Wow. She is just... stunning".

At the end of the performance, I deliberately went to the exit where she would be and tried to figure out how to talk to her. Would I even talk to her? Or would I chicken out again?

The friend she went with said she was going to the bathroom. The blonde parked herself to the side and was just browsing her phone.

A few deep breaths and I walked. And I kept walking until I was right next to her. I looked up (she was taller than me) and said hi.

And we talked. Turns out we both had common uni experiences and we bonded over that intellectual and emotional level.

It just felt so natural. She was genuinely interested in what I had to say, she asked questions, she gave long-form answers - honestly the vibe I got from her was just this genuinely nice, warm, and friendly person.

I felt that maybe finally I'd found the girl I've been looking for.

We actually talked for so long the ushers shooed us out, but even afterward, we kept chatting and chatting. For a girl I had only met, it was as if we'd known each other for weeks.

Finally I said to her, "Look, the reason I came over is because I thought you're absolutely beautiful and I wanted to ask you out on a date..."

"I'm really sorry to do this to you, but I should let you know I have a boyfriend."

It's the hope that gets you. But it's so bittersweet - ultimately, it really gives me an immense amount of confidence that this absolutely drop-dead gorgeous girl would even talk to me and it was so good to connect with her on an intellectual and emotional level, it was so powerful. Gives me hope there's another girl out there.

It just sucks that this one was already taken. We talked for five minutes more on other topics, wished each other good luck and left. I walked in one direction. She walked in the other.

If all else failS you have a career writing those trashy love stories in womens mags.

Edited by Smoggy