Football Media Discussion

Victory use funds from strong membership, player sales, youth development and corporate backing to build squads. That's what big clubs do. This flash in the pan stuff at City and Smurfs is what sunk Portsmouth and Leeds.

When we no longer have a stadium that stifles or kills membership, when Westies like Milligan and Mooy are being sold from our auction floor instead of someone elses, when players like Rogic and Amini are honing their skill in our lineups and we have an entire city's corporate gambit lining up at our door, then we can look at what we're spending compared to Victory

Too much sense, please get on program & get whinging :woah:

You know it is the right thing to do :xnod:

It is basically like a more nuanced version of this forum. We are **** up front, **** at the back, and we need to spend cash in January. Oh, and we will nit win tomorrow night.

Speak for yourself I consider myself more nuanced than that lot.. My aim is now to become the Craig foster of the forum, I'm going to start wearing a tasteful suit and oversized watch when I post (might work on the beard too)

It is basically like a more nuanced version of this forum. We are **** up front, **** at the back, and we need to spend cash in January. Oh, and we will nit win tomorrow night.

Speak for yourself I consider myself more nuanced than that lot.. My aim is now to become the Craig foster of the forum, I'm going to start wearing a tasteful suit and oversized watch when I post (might work on the beard too)

replace everton with barcelona and you're a quarter of the way there.

replace everton with barcelona and you're a quarter of the way there.

So if I grow the beard, wear the suit and refuse to acknowledge other people's opinions I'm there

Speak for yourself I consider myself more nuanced than that lot

It was mainly Ante I had in mind with the nuance. It seemed to genuinely pain him to be honest about where we are at.

The best bit was Archie telling lederer to splash the cash haha

They were just saying there is an over reliance on Mitch and Martinez but we all know that

Said there was no real leaders

We know that

Said we can't rely on santa

We also know that

Best part of the show was Tara's off camera dance getting shown you can just imagine her on the podium in a skimpy dress haha

How are your sailing skills?

The best bit was Archie telling lederer to splash the cash haha

They were just saying there is an over reliance on Mitch and Martinez but we all know that

Said there was no real leaders

We know that

Said we can't rely on santa

We also know that

Best part of the show was Tara's off camera dance getting shown you can just imagine her on the podium in a skimpy dress haha

:xnod:

GIF OGTFO  :diablo:

Is it time for #GalllopOut banners?

It's actually a reasonable piece for the most part, but a title like "move puts the final nail in the coffin of the myth of player loyalty*" would have been more fitting.

*yep, it's a mouthful, and one of many reasons I'm not on the editorial staff of any our media organisations :)

It's actually a reasonable piece for the most part, but a title like "move puts the final nail in the coffin of the myth of player loyalty*" would have been more fitting.

*yep, it's a mouthful, and one of many reasons I'm not on the editorial staff of any our media organisations :)

Thing with that Smurf cock-gobbler is that there have been other, far more meaningful movements (hello...Berisha to Victory ex Roar) and yet he thinks Janjetovic's move from his club to us is an issue.

And anyone who has followed any form of professional sport in this country for more than 5 minutes would never talk about movement of players being that earth-shattering in the first place. What is worth far more consideration when looking at modern sport and how professionals survive in its environment is the now-all-too-rare construct of the one club man/woman. That player who came through the ranks as a junior, stayed with his or her club for x amount of years and never once left.

Now that's an article I would read with far more interest than yet another Bossi farce.

With only $2.5m to spread amongst 23 players, loyalty is very hard to achieve in the Aleague.

You can also throw in the corps of 'squaddies' that exist in the A-League talent pool that frankly get recycled due to their relative cheap cost, their ability to get the job done, and that they are local lads.

Case in point..NTS, Shannon, Fat Head, Heffernan, Mullen, Pepper all fit that bill.

And then there's this guy:

mariners-goalkeeper-liam-reddy-looks-on-

Sydney+FC+Headshots+nk-6XEuYKIjl.jpg

1462777571426.jpg

Need I go on?

Thing with that Smurf cock-gobbler is that there have been other, far more meaningful movements (hello...Berisha to Victory ex Roar) and yet he thinks Janjetovic's move from his club to us is an issue.

And anyone who has followed any form of professional sport in this country for more than 5 minutes would never talk about movement of players being that earth-shattering in the first place. What is worth far more consideration when looking at modern sport and how professionals survive in its environment is the now-all-too-rare construct of the one club man/woman. That player who came through the ranks as a junior, stayed with his or her club for x amount of years and never once left.

Now that's an article I would read with far more interest than yet another Bossi farce.

Vedran isn't even the first to play for a cross town rival after Kewell played for both Victory and not Victory Heart.