Football Media Discussion

The Aleague doesn't have enough of a following yet to have it's own subscription service. As mentioned above, no way Fox would allow it because they'd lose too many viewers that are already scarce. The American sports can do it because they have a huge following plus a high international viewership who rely on streaming as their main source of content.

The NRL and AFL are only just starting to really offer a similar service and they're much more established/followed. I think it'll be a while before the aleague has anything similar.

Yeah, but doesn't mean we can't be bold and do something no other sport in Australia offers as easily. We need to be different :) But, it's money and risk at the end of the day.

Any subscription based online and VOD service should be parallel to the main broadcasting deal.

Money is money. The FFA won't mind if the league is available by more people in various forms.

I would assume that more new customers would sign-up to an A-League VOD service than would leave Foxtel because there was another option available.

I think what was meant was that they need a football-only offer.

Foxtel Play has launched, cheapest to get sport at the moment is $35/m, going up to $39/m from February. But the Play app isn't available on a large number of devices. Would have been a good chance to offer a sport-only package at least.

Would love the see the A-League negotiate to have an app, akin to the NFL, NHL (and so on) apps that you buy a season pass: steam games live, watch full replays, highlights, etc. Price it at around $150/y and there's A LOT that would go for that. Would open it up to the non-Foxtel market too (only 30% of households have Foxtel).

We're ditching Foxtel in the new year. Sick of giving them around $400+ a year to watch the A-League.

I'm on Foxtel play its "ok" the stream quality is about SD definitely not HD.

It was 50 a month but they have just changed the package bundles so you can get for 35-40 now

Still annoying that you have to have bundle crap with sports channels I'd be happier if I could just get sport

Good thing is no lock I contract so I cancel at the end of season if they don't have anything else on I want

just a FYI

National Basketball League streaming

http://www.nbl.com.au/featured-news/nbl-anywhere-time/

Australian Baseball League streaming

http://web.theabl.com.au/content/page.jsp?ymd=20160930&content_id=204280056&sid=l595&vkey=league1

yet the ALeague cannot stream :unknw:

I think they are trying to grow their brand im unsure but id say the current Foxtel contract wouldn't allow them

To stream for free

just a FYI

National Basketball League streaminghttp://www.nbl.com.au/featured-news/nbl-anywhere-time/

Australian Baseball League streaminghttp://web.theabl.com.au/content/page.jsp?ymd=20160930&content_id=204280056&sid=l595&vkey=league1

yet the ALeague cannot stream :unknw:

I think they are trying to grow their brand im unsure but id say the current Foxtel contract wouldn't allow them

To stream for free

Some rich American dude bought the whole NBL and he orchestrating everything.

http://outside90.com/western-sydney-wanderers-launch-aboriginal-and-torres-strait-islander-scholarship-003/

For people who are eligible and are interested in applying there is a Wanderers scholarship with an internship at the club.

That image...

CzIXFMeUAAQ9yRB.jpg

If there was any way the merch folk could get that integrated/adapted into future WSW merch would definitely buy. Love the Koori inspiration...

See Leopold method is going down to a yearly only book

Not going to be doing any analysis online

Shame but hopefully the book is good although have to wait until October (assuming it goes ahead)

If you haven't read it and you can. Read the article on our ACL win (can't recall what issue), I well up with tears each time I read it (dead soft me)

Shame but hopefully the book is good although have to wait until October (assuming it goes ahead)

If you haven't read it and you can. Read the article on our ACL win (can't recall what issue), I well up with tears each time I read it (dead soft me)

A little disappointed at that news (subscribed some time ago and was wondering what was happening). However can understand why Shaun has made the decisions he has. Trying to produce what the Leopold Method was doing week in week out was always going to be hard, and by the sounds of it the task was beyond capabilities of his team.

Certainly a quality publication...looking forward to future releases whatever format

http://outside90.com/western-sydney-wanderers-launch-aboriginal-and-torres-strait-islander-scholarship-003/

For people who are eligible and are interested in applying there is a Wanderers scholarship with an internship at the club.

That image...

CzIXFMeUAAQ9yRB.jpg

If there was any way the merch folk could get that integrated/adapted into future WSW merch would definitely buy. Love the Koori inspiration...

Chances of it being a jersey???

If so, would definitely buy. 

That image...

CzIXFMeUAAQ9yRB.jpg

Chances of it being a jersey???

If so, would definitely buy. 

Would look great as an ACL jersey.

I really miss weekly analysis.

This would be hectic!

Five time world champions Brazil will reportedly take on a Lionel Messi-led Argentina at the MCG in June 2017.

13 DEC 2016 - 7:52 AM  UPDATED 1 HOUR AGO

The Victorian government is expected to make the announcement in the coming weeks, according to a report in The Australian newspaper.

It is also understood that one of the teams will stay and play Australia a few days after the clash as a warm-up for the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup in Russia which starts on June 17.

Brazil currently lead the 2018 South American FIFA World Cup Qualifying table, while they also tasted glory at the 2016 Rio Olympics as Neymar led them to the gold medal.

Argentina have appeared, and lost, in three straight international finals; the 2014 FIFA World Cup, the 2015 Copa America and the 2016 Copa America.

The match would be seen as a huge coup for the Victorian government which is the last few years has hosted the likes of Real Madrid, Manchester City, Liverpool, Roma and Juventus.

The match could bring some of the biggest names in world football to Australia, including  Messi, Neymar, Dani Alves, David Luiz, Sergio Aguero, Angel Di Maria and Carlos Tevez.

It would be Messi's second match at the MCG, after Argentina beat the Socceroos 1-0 in 2007 in front of 70,000 spectators. 

The Superclasico de las Americas fixture has been played at a neutral venue once before since its introduction in 2011, with Beijing hosting the most recent edition two years ago, won by Brazil.

Struggling to get exited about this, and this from a wanderers fan who watches games at ANZ Lol

Does football really need this, we all know 60,000 wont be proper football fans, just event goers, who wont watch another game until, I don't know, Liverpool come back

The key word here is could

The match could bring some of the biggest names in world football to Australia, including  Messi, Neymar, Dani Alves, David Luiz, Sergio Aguero, Angel Di Maria and Carlos Tevez.

Struggling to get exited about this, and this from a wanderers fan who watches games at ANZ Lol

Does football really need this, we all know 60,000 wont be proper football fans, just event goers, who wont watch another game until, I don't know, Liverpool come back

As long as Wogball gets all the attention, I'm all for it! :woah:

The AFL have probably already got Messi & Neymar et al already booked in for a photo shoot with a Sherrin!

The AFL have probably already got Messi & Neymar et al already booked in for a photo shoot with a Sherrin!
AND this is what shiits me! :angry: Should tell them to fuuck off!