Football Media Discussion

Campbelltown is an absolute nightmare for me to get to and from on a school night, it has very little cover for our ACL monsoon weather.

But, I'm excited proper rectangular stadium! I'm looking forward to it already

Campbelltown is an absolute nightmare for me to get to and from on a school night, it has very little cover for our ACL monsoon weather.

Tbh, I couldn't be coming from a further distance from Campbelltown in the Sydney metro if I tried.

Being school nights, it's even less likely.

It's sad, because at Parra I made most games.

I just can't see it being remotely possible to go to anything at Campbelltown. Unless Mr and Mrs Wendy who live nearby offer to drive. :meep:  Ha!

Well this being in C'Town and me living in the southern highlands means I dont have to travel more than 3hrs just to get home on a midweek game :D

Oh and for those whining about travelling to C'Town, theres now a direct train from Blacktown to Campbelltown

Edited by SBW

Well this being in C'Town and me living in the southern highlands means I dont have to travel more than 3hrs just to get home on a midweek game :D

Oh and for those whining about travelling to C'Town, theres now a direct train from Blacktown to Campbelltown

Only does commuter runs though. I can't see one running at 10pm on a Tue/Wed night. 1 hour 7 minutes with a change at Granville

Tbh, I couldn't be coming from a further distance from Campbelltown in the Sydney metro if I tried.

I just can't see it being remotely possible to go to anything at Campbelltown. Unless Mr and Mrs Wendy who live nearby offer to drive. :meep:  Ha!

:D  :D 

Didn't miss a game last time around.

I fondly remember the monsoon!!!   :xnod:

Can't see that being the case this time tbh...but we could certainly coordinate something when the time comes, I'm sure!

I remember after that FFA cup game in Campbeltown got home after midnight.

Did anyone who travelled by train that night have the same problem as me? Or was it just a one off? The biggest issue at that time is the lack of services (bus/train) available at that time.

I think I got home 30mins after the game on that night via train. I remember having to rush after FT to get a train.. 

Edited by danielcarr

Only does commuter runs though. I can't see one running at 10pm on a Tue/Wed night. 1 hour 7 minutes with a change at Granville

Thats understandable.

When a midweek game finishes at 10pm at Parra, it takes me 3hrs to get home because of where I live

Where you coming from?

The Cumberland line that was built 20 years ago then relegated to like 5 services a day? What a waste of money that was. I'm surprised it doesn't run more often.

And its usually only about 4 cars. (well it was 15 years ago)

The Cumberland line that was built 20 years ago then relegated to like 5 services a day? What a waste of money that was. I'm surprised it doesn't run more often.

And its usually only about 4 cars. (well it was 15 years ago)

It helped me get to parra but going home is a different story

dural is sydney metro?

wow you hills district people are messed up. :lol:

Dural is like the middle of western Sydney mate!

:woah:

Just like we should be moving the Wanderers ACL games to Bensons Lane.

Too many flys Edited by StringerBellend

Did anyone who travelled by train that night have the same problem as me? Or was it just a one off? The biggest issue at that time is the lack of services (bus/train) available at that time.

I think I got home 30mins after the game on that night via train. I remember having to rush after FT to get a train..
FFS! I hate this bullshit that you have to race off at the final whistle to catch a train or wait 30 minutes! Same issue at Spotless, everyone rushes to get the train home because there is only one direct western line train :nono:

FFS! I hate this bullshit that you have to race off at the final whistle to catch a train or wait 30 minutes! Same issue at Spotless, everyone rushes to get the train home because there is only one direct western line train :nono:

The Sydney transport buses don't align either - to get a bus (525), I would have to leave before the match finishes or wait another hour for the next one. Sure I can get the train but it takes ages to get onto one, then have to get from Parra station to home at 10.30-11.00pm. The 525 drops me 3mins from my place on Victoria road in Parra. 

Where you coming from?

Dural.

I must admit that when I read Wanderboy's post, I figured he'd cop some gentle criticism.

Dural isn't quite like...say....Palm Beach... which might qualify as "the furthest distance from Campbelltown in the Sydney metro area."

:D  :D

We've had this debate a million times before when they're talking about moving a match or picking a stadium. As soon as they put it in one of the fringes of western Sydney the people who live on the opposite side are upset because it takes them ages to go watch their local team while the people who live close tell them to harden up because they're happy it suits them. If the club had picked Penrith we'd be having the exact same argument except everyone's roles would be reversed.

Something I've noticed particularly with the upcoming attacking players in the aleague is that they can all run quickly up the line but you put a ball at their feet and most of them are useless.

I still think the real problem is the politics at a semi professional level. Some of the stories you hear, it's no wonder we aren't producing the talent.

Something I've noticed particularly with the upcoming attacking players in the aleague is that they can all run quickly up the line but you put a ball at their feet and most of them are useless.

I still think the real problem is the politics at a semi professional level. Some of the stories you hear, it's no wonder we aren't producing the talent.

The richer parents who think their sons are superstars are paying the bucks so one day they'll end up in the EPL. They get preference. $$

They're the least talented players but are getting the dream run because they have the dollars to pay for the coaching. Their sons end up being shite. But, it's about the money for these private coaching academies.

It's true.

Edited by Wanderboy

Popa interview on The A-League Show podcast.

Unfortunately, tom smithies on as well but Macquarie Radio part owned by The Parrot (aka Alan Jones)

Will listen latter tonight

Edited by Paul01