Football Media Discussion

Let's be honest Btron, plenty of articles from the apparent "reputable" MSM journos who make regular basic factual errors and the fact that plenty of these contributors who create articles for websites like that who aren't paid, then I don't mind so much.

How about just tweet the author or comment on the article so he can fix it up :)

Let's be honest Btron, plenty of articles from the apparent "reputable" MSM journos who make regular basic factual errors and the fact that plenty of these contributors who create articles for websites like that who aren't paid, then I don't mind so much.

How about just tweet the author or comment on the article so he can fix it up :)

Why?

If they're going to put stories out there, they should know what they are talking about. It's one of the things that I respect about Mel Mclaughlin. I read an article with her and she said she turned down certain offers because she didn't know the sport enough. She said the fans can see right through it.

If someone thinks that Neil and Chippers are from the west then you can't take the story seriously. Hence, credibility = zero.

Can the real Wanderers please stand up: Western Sydney facing identity crisis

This season’s team may sport the same crest on their shirts, but that’s about all they have in common with the side Tony Popovic created four years ago

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/14/can-the-real-wanderers-please-stand-up-western-sydney-facing-identity-crisis?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

I hope he's wrong

nightmare to get to and from on a work night

Also given the traditional WSW ACL monsoons, Campbelltown has next to no cover

Only good thing is the chicken schnitzel was ok

Safe to say a large chunk of people will not be getting ACL memberships if they expect people to travel to Campbelltown on a Tues/Wed after work.

We got 12k ona  Saturday night at our last game - ANZ would have just looked embarrassing with the 6-7k that will turn out. Lets be honest, it will be the committed fans only going to these games, and they will turn up to either.

I call bullshit. Parra only just managed to pass AFC standards, with the corporate facilities being the most scrutinised. I can't see how the AFC would possibly accept Campbeltown. I'm pretty sure one of the requirements of an AFC sanctioned venue is an all seater too. 

Safe to say a large chunk of people will not be getting ACL memberships if they expect people to travel to Campbelltown on a Tues/Wed after work.

We got 12k ona  Saturday night at our last game - ANZ would have just looked embarrassing with the 6-7k that will turn out. Lets be honest, it will be the committed fans only going to these games, and they will turn up to either.

You are probably right. It's an absolute nightmare for me to get to for me on a work night, but I'll still do it in the pissing rain (as I did for the FFA cup night)

We got 12k ona Saturday night at our last game - ANZ would have just looked embarrassing with the 6-7k that will turn out. Lets be honest, it will be the committed fans only going to these games, and they will turn up to either.
No doubt it should not be played at ANZ, and I assume it would be a similar problem for all south west Wanderers to get to somewhere like Penrith during the week too (let alone all the other issues we've had out there). As with our temporary home at Homebush there is no easy/perfect answer.

I call bullshit. Parra only just managed to pass AFC standards, with the corporate facilities being the most scrutinised. I can't see how the AFC would possibly accept Campbeltown. I'm pretty sure one of the requirements of an AFC sanctioned venue is an all seater too. 

16. Stadium 16.1. The Stadium to be utilised by each Participating Club shall be nominated in the Entry Form. All Stadia must comply with the AFC Stadium Regulations and may be subject to inspection by the AFC. The AFC General Secretariat makes the final decision to approve any Stadium to host Matches in the Competition. 16.1.1. The Stadium nominated shall be the normal home stadium of the Participating Club for matches in its League, unless otherwise instructed by the AFC 16.1.2. The AFC reserves the right to refuse the nomination of a Stadium and require a Participating Club to play their Matches in a different Stadium within the same Venue or territory of its Member Association, or alternatively in a Neutral Venue in accordance with Article 16.3 and 16.4. 16.2. Each Participating Club must play their home Matches in the one and only Stadium approved by the AFC throughout the Competition. 16.2.1. A Participating Club cannot change Stadium during the Competition unless forced to do so because of circumstances beyond its control. 16.2.2. Should a Participating Club wish to change Stadium during the Competition, it must provide evidence to the AFC, including without limitation photographs, other visual evidence, and letters from the relevant authorities as to why the Stadium is unable to host Matches, at least thirty (30) days prior to their next home Match. 16.2.3. Only upon receipt of the evidence shall the AFC make a decision on whether the Participating Club may nominate a new Stadium for home Matches. Such Stadium must comply with the Manual and Article 16.1. 16.2.4. The AFC shall decide whether to approve the new nominated Stadium. Should the AFC be required to conduct an inspection, all costs shall be borne by the Participating Club and/or its Member Association. 16.2.5. Should the new nominated Stadium not be approved, or should a Participating Club be unable to play home Matches in their one and only Stadium approved by the AFC and not nominate a new Stadium, the AFC General Secretariat shall select an alternate Stadium in accordance with Article 16.1.2. 30 16.3. Participating Clubs who are required to play home Matches in a Neutral Venue shall comply with the matters set out in these Regulations. 16.4. If the AFC deems, for whatever reason, that a Stadium is unable to stage a Match or Matches, the relevant Participating Club shall propose an alternate Stadium. Should the Participating Club not propose an acceptable alternate Stadium by a deadline set by the AFC, the AFC General Secretariat may select a Neutral Venue to stage a Match or Matches. 16.4.1. The Participating Club concerned is responsible for all Match arrangements for the staging of the Match or Matches, including all costs as set out in these Regulations. This includes Matches played in a Neutral Venue. 16.4.2. Should the Participating Club not propose an acceptable alternate Stadium within any deadline set by the AFC, or refuse to partake in Matches in the proposed Neutral Venue selected by the AFC General Secretariat, it shall be considered to have withdrawn from the Competition in accordance with Article 6. 16.4.3. The AFC General Secretariat makes all final decisions pursuant to this Article 16.4. 16.5. For any Match played at a Neutral Venue, the Host Club must organise and stage the Match: 16.5.1. in accordance with these Regulations; 16.5.2. in accordance with the Manual; 16.5.3. in accordance with any instructions of the AFC; 16.5.4. in cooperation with the Member Association on whose territory the Match shall be played; and 16.5.5. in cooperation with the local authorities. 16.6. Participating Clubs shall ensure that no matches and/or other activities are held at any Stadium approved to host Matches in the Competition at least two (2) days prior to a Match, unless written permission has been obtained from the AFC. 16.6.1. A Participating Club that fails to comply with Article 16.6 shall be fined at least USD10,000. 16.6.2. The AFC Disciplinary and Ethics Committee may issue further sanctions in its discretion. 31 16.7. Each Match of the Final shall be played in a Stadium approved by the AFC with a minimum capacity of forty thousand (40,000) spectators. The Venue shall be decided by the AFC taking into consideration all logistical factors, including without limitation, accommodation and transportation. 

More info:

http://www.the-afc.com/uploads/afc/files/2012_aclacc_stadia_regs.pdf

http://www.the-afc.com/uploads/afc/files/afc_stadium_regulations_general.pdf

We'll probably find that Pirtek is still standing by the time ACL comes around.

I keep thinking about this....

It will be infuriating if it's still standing at the end of the season.... and we could have continued to play there throughout this season.  :angry:  :angry:

Even if we could have kept playing there til the end of the year.... it would have made the world of difference to the start of our season, I think.    :(

Tues and Wed nights are the absolute worst for Sydney Traffic conditions. The entire metro area is red on livetraffic/google maps.

So to play at a fringe located stadium is painful for a lot of people.

I understand that Spotless is probably not available or something to that effect.

Not sure if playing at Campbelltown (or Penrith) is the answer. From a personal perspective, it will mean travelling from one of the map to the complete opposite end...and back again.

Kill me now.

If it's going to be Campbelltown I'm calling sub 5k crowds.

I get that the rules say you have to play all your games in one stadium and we probably won't have spotless available for all of the match days but surely the AFC would make a decision assuming the final could be held there.

As bad as ANZ is its main downside is the lack of atmosphere. How much atmosphere would there be on a rainy Wednesday night in front of 3-4k in Campbelltown? Is it worth all the other downsides?

Tues and Wed nights are the absolute worst for Sydney Traffic conditions. The entire metro area is red on livetraffic/google maps.

I understand that Spotless is probably not available or something to that effect.

Not sure if playing at Campbelltown (or Penrith) is the answer. From a personal perspective, it will mean travelling from one of the map to the complete opposite end...and back again.

Kill me now.

We know ACL matches kick off right on the dot.

Hopefully the games are on at 8pm.

Looks like it will be 100% Campbelltown

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/14993505_1157593144323193_3567679988273419361_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=db508a3bcb4923372c310938474ae04f&oe=58BABC5C

Kill me now.

We know ACL matches kick off right on the dot.

Hopefully the games are on at 8pm.

Looks like it will be 100% Campbelltown

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/14993505_1157593144323193_3567679988273419361_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=db508a3bcb4923372c310938474ae04f&oe=58BABC5C

They'll spin this into "taking the game to untapped markets with quality opponents and football"