Football Media Discussion

i don't know why but I want to watch it

For some reason I feel the need to see who he picks

Their marketing ploy worked on me

I would rather slam my c**k in the car door than watch channel 7 sunrise

I'm not convinced about that course of action.

I'm unsure about your circumstances, but I reckon I still have some use for mine.

Edited by Wanderboy

No surprise in the FFA picking the team for the kid.

more payback for City Football Group for getting Cahill and introducing the Caceras Rule.

Obviously, trying to appease the AFC powerbrokers.

Well it means that ESFC are no longer the darlings of the FFA.

I'm not even annoyed by the FFA promoting the **** out of City, it's actually hilarious. City has effectively become the establishment team of the league.

I am enjoying it as well. The manufactured and fabricated nature of it all gives me a bit of a laugh. Trying to sell a plastic team like Melbourne City. Will it work? We will soon find out.

We got lambasted for being the FFA's golden child as well, but we broke away from that pretty quickly. It's like we ran away from home, meanwhile Melb City is the kid who stayed at home and the parents just bought him a Ferrari.

^

Yep. Looks like (from their POV), they're over the club, FFA and VicPol and had enough of meetings and agreements when nothing works.

A comment posted on MVFC fb page, received a tonne of likes and supporting comments

From an NT member to Melbourne Victory ;

"Melbourne Victory - 10 years ago, I became part of an independent, passionate, vibrant group of people called the North Terrace. It was chaotic and fun and gave me a connection to a sporting club that I had never felt before. The Terrace I stood in 10 days ago was a shell of what that once was.

NT people like me have put up with being told by you that streamers were projectiles, that tifo displays would cause too much rubbish and require extra cleaners to be put on. I helped make ‘goodwill’ gestures to the club for our first ACL campaign and my friends and I were ‘rewarded’ with Home End Membership, the first true nail in the coffin. The day our freedom of independent movement died. We put up with being told that flags could only be 1.5 metres high, we put up with being told that we could only have one megaphone and one capo (because a random person might cause panic by shouting something like ‘Fire’ – actual words from a North Terrace meeting with MVFC).

We put up with areas being tarped off for ‘TV coverage’ purposes, we put up with Hatamoto and their harassment of fans. We put up with empty promises to support our tifo only for the stadium/club/security to find some tiny fault in it. I even put up with a 10-minute delay due to overzealous marshalls and security on the showing (which I had arranged with Fox Sports) of a banner to support one of my best mates who is an NT original and who was battling cancer.

Despite this, we have kept attending meetings, kept loving our club (despite how hard you’ve made it) and kept putting our heads above the trenches to coordinate support and try to inspire our team on to success. We’ve fought for basic rights and sacrificed our enjoyment of the game in recent years to try to claw back the damage that your administration has either pushed or been utterly complicit in. Legislation designed to make us the compliant cheer squad that you’ve craved for so long. It has hurt, but we always felt like in the long run, it would be worth it. That the club was worth it.

But what we were subjected to in the last home match was too much, even for the most hardy of us to bear. We were faced with lines of police and security, checking our tickets every metre and destroying any freedom of movement. We had video cameras trained on us, we had authorities monitoring our every move. A fellow NT original wasn’t even allowed to come and say hi from 5 rows away. Why the hell would we ever want to support under those conditions? When we are targeted and harassed and harangued, simply for wanting to start a few chants. You forced Home End Membership on us, you were happy to let the authorities run rough-shod over us 10 days ago. You get paid to contribute to this club every day. I don’t. I have a job and a life outside of football. And right now – the culture that YOU have created has made me question my love for football and killed the North Terrace that I love.

We are sorry that we are not going to coordinate your support any more. We are sorry to say that we are sick of hearing your “communications†and your empty promises that things will get better. We are sorry to have alarmed you with this decision on the eve of a Derby (one which we’ll all be paying our way to watch regardless) and inconvenienced you so much. But don't blame us. It is your direct and indirect actions over 11 long years that are what has caused this decision. I just wish it had all turned out a different way."

That might give some insight

Brilliant isn't it

FFA effort to push the A League mainstream

Announce #1 supporter on that great promoter of Sokkah Channel 7

Team is owned by a group that are busy branding teams all round the world to look the same. The McDonald's franchise of football based on creating a plastic replica EPL club in each city

While in same week Victory's support group is basically driven out

Strange isn't it football supporters crave mainstream acceptance but this is what it looks like.

Coming up next Tim Cahill discuss his favourite episode of Mc Cleouds Daughters and who he will be voting for on My Kitchen Rules

Brilliant isn't it

Team is owned by a group that are busy branding teams all round the world to look the same. The McDonald's franchise of football based on creating a plastic replica EPL club in each city

Strange isn't it football supporters crave mainstream acceptance but this is what it looks like.

Coming up next Tim Cahill discuss his favourite episode of Mc Cleouds Daughters and who he will be voting for on My Kitchen Rules

We have one thing they don't. We ARE Western Sydney.Not manufactured,not plastic,not made up in a boardroom,not a transfered team.We ARE Western Sydney.!

Edited by sonar100

Brilliant isn't it

We have one thing they don't. We ARE Western Sydney.Not manufactured,not plastic,not made up in a boardroom,not a transfered team.We ARE Western Sydney.!

Anyone looking at the NT travesty and thinking 'that won't happen to us, we represent western Sydney' is absolutely kidding themselves. Melb City are the prototype that we will all be mandated to comply with.

Did Kochie have his usual dig at the Sokkah?

No too occupied with AFL playing in China
so is Turnbull and his AFL puppet masters!

Postecoglou gives Turnbull a serve in his book apparently about promoting AFL instead of football in China.

Yoshi dissed the Mariners, **** off you little ****

If it isn't clear enough the FFA have a raging hard on for City I don't know what will. It's funny to watch the tears from smurf village knowing they are no longer big daddy's favourite though.

Typical FFA, prop up a billionaire's plaything yet leave clubs like CCM out to rot.

Brilliant isn't it

Anyone looking at the NT travesty and thinking 'that won't happen to us, we represent western Sydney' is absolutely kidding themselves. Melb City are the prototype that we will all be mandated to comply with.

I've been thinking the same for a few weeks now. They tried last year and the boycott slowed them down and swung leverage our way however temporarily. I hope those in and around the RBB core are hip to the scheme and negotiate the next few months astutely. The wolves will pounce if given a sniff. Re

Brilliant isn't it

LOL, that's pretty naive. Of course we are as plastic and manufactured as any other team.

WSW and the RBB are as much at risk as Victory and North Terrace, maybe more so.

I agree that the officials will use this turn of events as a modus operandi for future active support troubles. Divide and conquer.

Brilliant isn't it

Everything mainstream looks shite. From sports coverage, world news to music and movies. Its the only way to make money, please the suits then do what you need with the money. Its the nature of the business, no use complaining.

Just be yourself.

Brilliant isn't it

Would hold off on making comments like that, we kinda are manufactured...

Where does he live?

According to Twitter - Western Sydney...

This is the thing, I actually understand what he is saying about manufactured. Everything about this Yoshi bullshit screams plastic bullshit but something feels different about our club & community. Yes we are a product of modern football, created in FFA's boardroom blah blah blah but is this really what we have to do to grow our sport? How depressing.

At the same time I am laughing hysterically about how much of a joke this is, a boy from western Sydney supporting a club down in Melbourne. It is just so wrong, they could have done a Yoshi for every state or taken a different path & infact I would have been more comfortable with him picking Easts over that bunch but no. The FFA have plunged $3m of money they don't have into Cahill's pockets & need to get a return on there investment. The decision to host the FFA final in Melbourne makes even more sense now & having all the City games on FTA so the Yoshi generation can watch Melbourne Vision. The metrics must be going crazy, look everyone is talking about Yoshi, unfortunately we are all taking the the piss how much of a joke it has all become!

Instead of talking about how Yoshi turns up for his team every week, it will be about Yoshi who lives in the battling western suburbs of Sydney, can't afford to travel to travel to Melbourne to watch city regularly let alone afford Foxtel to watch the A-League. Grows up expecting marquee after marquee to stimulate his excitement in the game, loses interest & becomes a Eurosnob. What a great marketing campaign this turned out to be :nono: