Football Media Discussion

True. But Zelic is fun, and insightful. Bozza can be fun. Kossie can be funny.

Being fun is one thing. Being stupid, rambling, making in-jokes, and giggling at stuff that isn't funny - it might be fun for them, but I just find myself sitting there waiting for them to get on with it.

Anyway, that's like my 4th or 5th Archie comment. Way more than he deserves...

Being fun is one thing. Being stupid, rambling, making in-jokes, and giggling at stuff that isn't funny - it might be fun for them, but I just find myself sitting there waiting for them to get on with it.

So what do you think of Archies punditry style?

Hey Btron.

I actually didn't see Archie's performance that so irritated you. You could well be right.

I don't imagine that he'd be a regular panelist or commentator...other than for Victory games.

I guess he'll get the boot if his only contributions are as inane as you describe them to be.

I suppose I'd like to see him now and then because he's been a personality and a contributor to the growth of the A League from the start.

I'd miss him if he vanished into obscurity.

But I've had my say...and I'll stop now.

:D:D

Interesting, he's right Melbourne media does seem to be more aggressive toward football but..

He's going easy on Sydney media, telegraph reporting of football has been nasty at certain Points, plus talkback radio (Hadley and co)

He is also only focussing on print media, we also have to put up with the Today show reporting a sokkah flare as violence and bogan league flare as a celebration

Apart from the open hostility of he media the indifference and lack of coverage in media kills us too. Trying watching abc news in morning 2 seconds on the a league that is in season and then a massive discussion of out of season afl draft picks, not mention those nobs on Offsiders

He also misses the point that apart from this being commercially driven (which it mostly is) there is a nasty racist tone to it too

I could go on for ages on this... And often do

My non a league football fans think I'm becoming deranged and somewhat paranoid. Good that I can vent here amongst friends

Interesting, he's right Melbourne media does seem to be more aggressive toward football but..

He's going easy on Sydney media, telegraph reporting of football has been nasty at certain Points, plus talkback radio (Hadley and co)

He is also only focussing on print media, we also have to put up with the Today show reporting a sokkah flare as violence and bogan league flare as a celebration

Apart from the open hostility of he media the indifference and lack of coverage in media kills us too. Trying watching abc news in morning 2 seconds on the a league that is in season and then a massive discussion of out of season afl draft picks, not mention those nobs on Offsiders

He also misses the point that apart from this being commercially driven (which it mostly is) there is a nasty racist tone to it too

I could go on for ages on this... And often do

My non a league football fans think I'm becoming deranged and somewhat paranoid. Good that I can vent here amongst friends

you cant spell fun without deranged

The first comment on the bottom is telling:

"Start by talking to the person on twg website that chose the over the top scary headline use of the word 'trouble' last week about a nothing event. "Trouble flares at Melbourne derby" was the main story about a wonderful game of football. The AFL media never print about the weekly fights at AFL games"

Apparently Victory's NT is being disbanded.

oh cool no more surprise attacks on us like in Melbourne and in north parra no more ten year bans on us for not provoking an attack but defending ourselves yay

Afl and nrl will never ever be viable Australia wide we will be viable Australia wide cause we are football and all we compete with is basketball and cricket lolol

The media knows this and shits there panties

It's only a matter of time before the a league is hand in hand with the bpl la liga ect so enjoy

One day the Chinese will be like **** this our csl and our national team isn't improving we will pump all our dollars in Australia instead cause we'll improve the Asian region to a European standard

The

Media will be gob smacked they'll be like Chinese interest take over Australian sport

If there were a few more Asians in the a league from Iran Iraq Japan china we would leave afl nrl for dead

And attract more foreign investment

Give me control of ccm 5 empty foreign spots a tim Cahill bonus a decent scout and I'd pack that place week in week out with Asians

Edited by JayZko

Smurfs going Ape-sh1t over the decision to hold the FFA cup final on a Wednesday night in Mexico to appease the Gallop-Timmy-is-a-Legend axis of metrics.

This is supposed to be showpiece event right? Mini-City will bring 5k max and the smurfs will take the odd one or two. Why not play the final on a weekend and have no other HAL games for that day and make it a bit of an event. Over summer even when kids are on hols. Why a Wednesday night ffs?

Edited by beatsurrender

Smurfs going Ape-sh1t over the decision to hold the FFA cup final on a Wednesday night in Mexico to appease the Gallop-Timmy-is-a-Legend axis of metrics.

This is supposed to be showpiece event right? Mini-City will bring 5k max and the smurfs will take the odd one or two. Why not play the final on a weekend and have no other HAL games for that day and make it a bit of an event. Over summer even when kids are on hols. Why a Wednesday night ffs?

You need an answer for that? Really?

Its the ffa..

You may of heard about "The Decision" by LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers, well get ready for, arguably an announcement of equal importance "Yoshi Decides" on Channel 7s Sunrise program at 8 20am tomorrow.https://mobile.twitter.com/ALeague/status/791143925796990976

The channel and program chosen for this tells you everything you need to know about the ffa. Why not have ray Hadley on as a special guest interviewer? FFS.

You need an answer for that? Really?

Its the ffa..

I say the cove boycott the next derby show the ffa a clear message rofl