Parramatta Stadium To Be Rebuilt!

Serious question, why would the government enlist a group that has a number of sporting greats and shock jocks to make decisions regarding the allocation of potentially billions of dollars in government money? I understand there will be other stakeholders involved that have the knowledge, but still, why are they getting a vote? Surely only 1 sportsmen/woman is needed on the board/trust to give a professional athletes point of view. Or why not just have a representative from each of the major sports placed in an advisory role?

As Flytox said, I don't trust (boom tish) them at all

• 2 weeks later...

Parramatta Eels, Western Sydney Wanderers to play full seasons at Pirtek Stadium before knockdown-rebuild

October 30, 2015 11:36am

Warren Thomson Parramatta Advertiser

THE Parramatta Eels will follow Western Sydney Wanderers in completing their season at Pirtek Stadium before both have to find temporary homes for up to three years.

The Eels have been advised they will have an “uninterrupted†2016 NRL season.

The 21,000-capacity Pirtek Stadium will be demolished to make way for a new $300 million 30,000-seat venue, which is expected to be completed in 2019.

That would see the Wanderers miss up to three seasons (2016-17 to 2018-19) and the Eels at least two.

Parramatta Eels acting chief executive John Boulous said the club was excited to be at Pirtek Stadium for a full 2016 season.

“Our discussions with the NSW Government have so far indicated that our 2016 season won’t be interrupted, and that work will commence sometime in September,†Boulous told the Parramatta Advertiser.

“As more information is confirmed, we will consult all our members about the relocation process for 2017 to make the transition smooth.

“In 2016 we’re looking forward to continuing the same stadium format as this year, which sees us play 11 home games in Sydney and one in Darwin.â€

A NSW Office of Sport spokesman said Pirtek Stadium owner Venues NSW is working with the Eels and Wanderers to ensure the clubs’ needs are catered for, as well as meeting the State Government’s deadlines.

The Eels are expected to use ANZ Stadium, where they have been playing selected home games in recent years.

The Wanderers may hold derbies against Sydney FC at ANZ Stadium. They have already used Pepper Stadium in Penrith for occasional games, while Belmore Sports Ground and Campbelltown Stadium are also potential temporary grounds.

Wanderers chief executive John Tsatsimas said members would be involved in the process of finding a new short-term home.

“This needs to be a decision based on both a practicality and financially prudent base,†Tsatsimas said.

“We need to ensure we have the ability to not only look after our member interests but also how we can provide new members the opportunity to join the club and secure a seat in the new venue when it is complete.

“There are a number of venues across western Sydney that are under consideration and all will be carefully reviewed to ensure we have the best outcome for our team, our fans and our members.â€

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/parramatta/parramatta-eels-western-sydney-wanderers-to-play-full-seasons-at-pirtek-stadium-before-knockdown-rebuild/story-fngr8huy-1227588023382

This article has not been posted yet, nothing really new in terms of information regarding timelines except maybe demolition work has been scheduled for post September 2016. Has anybody got any information on how the planning and design process has been going?

Thanks mate.

Maybe a slightly scaled down version then.

It certainly looked bigger than the proposed capacity at first glance. A smaller bottom tier maybe, and then, it's the ants pants.

Originally was just doing a 'whatever' stadium, capacity ran away with me!

Is there room in there for a handball court for Strikeforce Raptor?    :ninja:   :ninja:

Even room for a dungeon and torture chamber.

The first bit of the poles and wires lease went through the other day at just over $10b which was worth a little more than was expected.  They are hoping the last 2 take it well past $13b.  This will mean the funds will soon be available so the stadium projects swing into action.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/poles-and-wires-sale-nsw-government-leases-transgrid-for-more-than-10-billion/story-fni0cx12-1227622138858

Thanks mate.

It certainly looked bigger than the proposed capacity at first glance. A smaller bottom tier maybe, and then, it's the ants pants.

Is there room in there for a handball court for Strikeforce Raptor?    :ninja:   :ninja:

Hey Gaz, love your designs mate, I always scroll through them to see all the effort you've put in (I can tell they are not easy).

Any chance we could have a single tier home active support end in that stadium? Is that even structurally easy to do if the rest of the stadium is 2 tier? As a Liverpool fan, I'm thinking something like Anfield with its Kop, or something like Dortmund's Signal Iduna Park with its single tier 'wall of sound'.

Am I right in assuming such a design will also reduce capacity to be closer to the value of around 30K that was mentioned initially?

Cheers.

Edited by konsequence

Thanks mate.

Hey Gaz, love your designs mate, I always scroll through them to see all the effort you've put in (I can tell they are not easy).

Any chance we could have a single tier home active support end in that stadium? Is that even structurally easy to do if the rest of the stadium is 2 tier? As a Liverpool fan, I'm thinking something like Anfield with its Kop, or something like Dortmund's Signal Iduna Park with its single tier 'wall of sound'.

Am I right in assuming such a design will also reduce capacity to be closer to the value of around 30K that was mentioned initially?

Cheers.

Yeah I can work on something whilst work is quiet closer to Xmas/New Year. When I add seats though my PC dies and can't render anything :( So that bums me out and I lose motivation sometimes.

But yes, it can be done [single tier]. I'd be in favour or 2 tiers on each side, single (large) tiered RBB end and a single (small) tiered family end (with a large concourse for the kids). I'll mock something up.

Thanks mate.

Cheers.

Yeah I can work on something whilst work is quiet closer to Xmas/New Year. When I add seats though my PC dies and can't render anything :( So that bums me out and I lose motivation sometimes.

But yes, it can be done [single tier]. I'd be in favour or 2 tiers on each side, single (large) tiered RBB end and a single (small) tiered family end (with a large concourse for the kids). I'll mock something up.

Love the idea of the concourse for kids. I also prefer when stadiums aren't symmetrical, gives them more character.

Managed to get it to around 27,000... will need to actually put seats in to get an exact number. Can increase it to about 28,500 with a 2 tiered RBB - but that defeats the purpose.

This is a rough idea of how it looks with a 2-tiered southern stand and mock roof style.

12314394_10153903603977518_2834160655289

By the way, this just fits on the current plot. Can be bigger to get to 30k, but either need to fill in the corners of exceed the boundaries.

Hey Gazmon, couple of questions:

1. What is the issue with filling the corners?

2. If the current site makes it difficult to get a 30k seater, what are the things limiting the site and what do you think they will need to do eg remove carpark etc?

1. I like the open nature of having them empty. Just trying something different rather than a standard bowl design.

2. You can fit one in, I've done it. But, you need a basic (boring) design. You could, in theory, extend into the park or carparks. For the moment though, we don't know what they'll allow.