Parramatta Stadium To Be Rebuilt!

Don't have many more of that one that ya'll seem to like, but I did find these:

I am also rebuilding this one, using some better design principles. I found the original file and there were a lot of little things that irk me about the design (i.e. not built to code, can't fit rugby league, not sure if it fits the plot). I'll also change a few other little things too as well to fit in with the modern design principles that we're seeing in the US.

It appears the pictures did not work...

10685567_10152816945472518_2655434268370

10491249_10152816945437518_2797410467377

10679549_10152828218247518_3276490511302

1795302_10152825252877518_23246946715286

Have a mate who works at Allianz. This weeks NRL semi between roosters & bulldogs, two well supported teams, is at Allianz and the stadium are expecting 30k people. The forecast for our derby is "tba", but my mate says that everyone at the stadium knows it will easily be 40k+

The point of this is how its crazy that the NRL expect to build such a big stadium when the finals marketing saturation doesnt draw in big enough crowds to worry the capacity limit!

Edited by braad

Have been working on the updated design of the one that everyone seemed to like. I've started from scratch, but followed a similar design. The pitch now can fit rugby as well as football and I changed some other minor things. Now I need everyone's help in picking a roof style:

11999027_10153753218697518_1891778130447

11137131_10153753218702518_7246702892234

Also, can't quite tell, but there are not suites behind ends (so no suits behind the RBB). There is a glass area above that is just a mezzanine area.

So any suggestions (pics welcome) on roof types? Remembering, these will also be the basis for the external wrap/skin.

Also, can't quite tell, but there are not suites behind ends (so no suits behind the RBB). There is a glass area above that is just a mezzanine area.

So any suggestions (pics welcome) on roof types? Remembering, these will also be the basis for the external wrap/skin.

It looks beautiful as is. Perhaps you can invent a weather control system that will prevent rain over the stadium

It looks beautiful as is. Perhaps you can invent a weather control system that will prevent rain over the stadium

Like this:

air-umbrella-protects-you-from-water-wit

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1243275397/air-umbrella

Like this:

Precisely :xnod:

Like this:

Precisely :xnod:

is that a Hitachi? :ninja:

That's exactly my favourite design Gaz.

I loved that curved roll over roof you had on the previous design. With the right cladding, it could look quite spectacular with the right lighting.

Have a mate who works at Allianz. This weeks NRL semi between roosters & bulldogs, two well supported teams, is at Allianz and the stadium are expecting 30k people. The forecast for our derby is "tba", but my mate says that everyone at the stadium knows it will easily be 40k+

The point of this is how its crazy that the NRL expect to build such a big stadium when the finals marketing saturation doesnt draw in big enough crowds to worry the capacity limit!

Dogs fan at my work isn't going to the game because 'what if we lose, I'll have to make the trip home (to Castle Hill) all upset'

:smurfnono:

Guest redwhiteblack

Dogs fan at my work isn't going to the game because 'what if we lose, I'll have to make the trip home (to Castle Hill) all upset'

:smurfnono:

To be fair, it is a LONG trip home.

Sep 17 2015 at 3:47 PM Updated Sep 17 2015 at 5:27 PM

Sydney's $38m cricket bridge 'barely used

The NSW Auditor-General has said the NSW government should stop announcing projects before completing basic business cases.

by Geoff Winestock

The NSW Auditor-General slammed a 52 per cent cost blowout on a $38-million pedestrian bridge to the Sydney Cricket Ground and told the NSW government to stop announcing projects before completing basic business cases.

In a stinging report on the Albert "Tibby" Cotter Walkway linking Central Railway Station to sports stadiums east of the city, acting Auditor General Tony Whitfield said the NSW government needed to adequately justify any public project before committing.

The main reason the cost of the bridge jumped to $38 million from $25 million when then Premier Barry O'Farrell announced it in February last year was that the government wanted it built in time for the ICC World Cricket Cup this May. The auditor said the government didn't assess if the bridge was needed at all.

BIG RUSH

The government ignored or did not receive advice that the deadline was unworkable and it would be much cheaper to wait and combine the bridge project with a new light rail project for the CBD.

Instead, the rush meant that the government could not even hold a normal public tender. The auditor dismissed the government's excuse that the blowout was caused by tight heritage restrictions, saying it was always clear the site in historic Moore Park would face tight scrutiny.

Minister for Roads Duncan Gay said: "The audit office's own report highlights that significant aesthetic changes to the design were required by the Heritage Council." He said an independent report said the changes increased costs by $10.6 million.

Alex Greenwich, an independent who is the local MP, said that the SCG bridge is now little used and the extra traffic during the World Cup could have been managed with extra traffic lights at a cost of a few tens of thousands of dollars. "This was just monument building," Mr Greenwich said.

NEW CONCERNS

There are concerns the Baird government has pre-committed and perhaps overcommitted without adequate scrutiny the $20 billion it hopes to receive from the long-term lease of the state's electricity networks.

"This is indicative of a general approach to transport planning by the Baird government which prioritises the ribbon-cutting and delivery of projects over the attainment of actual transport benefits for people," said Mehreen Faruqi, NSW Greens Transport spokesperson.

Premier Mike Baird has just pledged $1.6 billion to upgrades for three existing Sydney sports stadiums despite warnings that they are unnecessary. No business case has been released.

The Auditor-General last year criticised the Baird government for flouting its own rules and rushing planning of the $15 billion WestConnex freeway and tunnel project linking Parramatta and Sydney Airport.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/news/politics/sydneys-38m-cricket-bridge-barely-used-20150917-gjot41#ixzz3m8B4sK8y

Follow us: @FinancialReview on Twitter | financialreview on Facebook

Do you think this report will have any impact on the delivery of a new stadium at Parramatta? If you replace the bridge with Allianz stadium in the article you could argue that the stadium is currently being under utilized.

Edited by FCWanderers

Sea Eagles to push ahead with plans to upgrade the Fortress

September 17, 2015 3:08pm

Jon GeddesManly Daily

Penn also voiced his frustrations at the ongoing dispute with Warringah Council over the costs to lease what has been Manly’s home since 1947.

The club outlays $125,000 for each home game which includes $45,000 before the gates have even opened.

“At the moment it is a bit of a stalemate but we are trying to find a resolution that can work and be back where we need to be,†Penn said.

“We are constantly held to ransom over the maintenance fees for the year.

“And the frustrating thing is that we know that if anyone else wants to rent it, the daily rental rate is $1000. As a result we lose money playing at Brookvale.

“We are happy to pay a fair commercial rate but when our peers can play any other suburban ground in Sydney for under $10,000 a game, why are we being charged so much?

“We want to stay at Brookvale long term, it is our home ground and we want to play as many games as we can there but it has to be at the commercial rate that the club can afford,†Penn said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-to-push-ahead-with-plans-to-upgrade-the-fortress/story-fngr8iii-1227530513708#load-story-comments

Interesting article about plans to upgrade Brookvale oval and about how much it costs to hire the ground on game days.

Suncorp Stadium wi-fi, replay screens costed at $15 million

September 16, 2015 8:06am

Paul MaloneThe Courier-Mail

THE State Government’s bill to give Suncorp Stadium a technological advance to keep it in the fight to host extra Origin games would be no more than $15 million.

The cost of installing free public wi-fi, internet protocol TV and two bigger screens with superior clarity would be between $12 million to $15 million, industry sources say.

But Sports Minister Bill Byrne does not offer hope of funding for this project and also brushed off NSW’s commitment of more than $1 billion on stadiums in Sydney as a “catch-up’’ measure.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/suncorp-stadium-wi-fi-replay-screens-costed-at-15-million/story-fni3fr51-1227529608921

I know how much we all love hearing about stadium wifi upgrades, haha!

Footbridges in this context are warranted. The cost however...

Yes... I want to catch sight of this $38 mill footbridge. It has boggled my mind.

Does anybody on here know where the bridge starts at Central? I live 5-10 minutes walk from Central and don't have the faintest idea where this bridge is