Parramatta Stadium To Be Rebuilt!

Y'know those guitars, that are, like, double, guitars, y'know?

The last two were meant to be day pictures, but I rendered them wrong. There isn't any texture on the surfaces yet either, so it would have been bland nonetheless. 

Looking great Gaz! Can't wait to see further developments.

All depends on the plot of land too. This fits nicely on the plot and slopes in nicely with the surrounding area. Walk around the parklands nearby and you'll also notice that having a large harsh box-like structure would stick out too much. The curve design fits in a little nicer with the surrounds. Just my opinion of course. But, appreciate the feedback. And, a lot of stadiums have curves too... it's a clever way to design and build, so why not.

Flytox did you say at one point that curvature is good acoustically?

Keeping the distances between noise emitters (fans) as short as possible improves the noise side of atmosphere..  A circular plan seating bowl does this best by removing some from the corners and ends and grouping them around the centreline in the side stands.

I managed to work on a design, that does fit into the plot.. similar to above mentioned beautiful stadium, and without the corporate/suites it's just over 30k :D

As fan stadium architect: :woah:

The only thing I'd say (hate to spoil everyone's fun) is that there is no way the government/WSW/Eels will accept a stadium without the corporate facilities.

Are we saying based on the current site, it doesn't allow for a stadium to be built that maximises the corporate facilities (what the club wants) but that doesn't give us the stadium with the type of features we want (fans want 33k+, single tiers etc)?

At what point do they start negotiating with the park to take some land or consider moving the pool? Before or after the architect gets involved?

Oh Prydzopolis there are corp/media/suites, they just haven't been counted yet. There will be an entire tier (on both sides) of suites and below that will be large corporate areas (the eastern side as a large open air bar, on the halfway line). There will also be PLENTY of room for Manfred's Australian Football Museum too. Running renders now too of where I'm up to.

Oh Prydzopolis there are corp/media/suites, they just haven't been counted yet. There will be an entire tier (on both sides) of suites and below that will be large corporate areas (the eastern side as a large open air bar, on the halfway line). There will also be PLENTY of room for Manfred's Australian Football Museum too. Running renders now too of where I'm up to.

Hahaha thanks Gazmon :good:

So when they say it will be 30k, is that with or without corporate suites and boxes included?

Brogden's report talks about the need for a 30-35k stadium and costs it at $270m.  The Government's media release talks about a 30k stadium at a cost of $300m.  In my view the Government is talking about a nominal capacity that would include corporate facilities but the actual number of seats and cost will be firmed up during the design and tendering process.  

So when they say it will be 30k, is that with or without corporate suites and boxes included?

Brogden's report talks about the need for a 30-35k stadium and costs it at $270m.  The Government's media release talks about a 30k stadium at a cost of $300m.  In my view the Government is talking about a nominal capacity that would include corporate facilities but the actual number of seats and cost will be firmed up during the design and tendering process.

Flytox, How long do you think that process will take?

The one thing I will give the Baird govt (and O'Farrell before that) is that they know how to make things happen quickly. The speed in which they got the north west rail under construction was astounding and construction sites are already being set up for North Connex - the M1 - M2 Tunnel under Pennant Hills Rd. Widening of the M4 is well under way also, as part of the West Connex project.

I have a feeling the upgrade of Pirtek will progress rather quickly - certainly quicker than what normally would be the case. Well, I'm hoping so anyway.

The progress of the NW Rail link and Skytrain sections is progressing at a rapid rate. Only weeks go by and substantial progress can be seen. I'm liking this govt.

New 30,000 seat stadium for Parrmatta

Tuesday 8 September 2015 9:25am

Western Sydney is the big winner when it comes to the NSW Government’s investment in stadiums, with a commitment to build a new 30,000 seat Parramatta Stadium and a new stadium in outer western Sydney.

Minister for Sport Stuart Ayres has announced the biggest investment in sport and major event infrastructure in NSW since the 2000 Olympic Games would begin with the construction of the new stadium at Parramatta. 

“Work on a new Parramatta Stadium is scheduled to begin almost immediately and will replace the stadium with a world class venue,†Mr Ayres said.

“Detailed design and construction planning will get underway within months. Our goal is to complete construction within this term of Government."

“Our commitment is that construction on Parramatta Stadium, Sydney Football Stadium, Stadium Australia and the new indoor arena near the CBD will all be completed within 10 years."

“The plan for the outer western Sydney stadium is about future proofing the region’s sport and entertainment demands.â€

http://pirtekstadium.com/news-article/new-30000-seat-stadium-for-parrmatta

Wanderboy, Ayres says that design will commence within months and the aim is to have the stadium completed by the next election.  i.e. March 2019.  I read somewhere that the intention is to start construction late next year so they are certainly crashing the timeframe for a project like this.  Construction would normally take 2 to 2.5 years.

As promised some new renderings that have take 4.5 hours this morning...

The first two are daytime ones, apologies for the colour issues on one of the bays in the lower tier. The second two are nighttime renders, just testing some floodlighting. I still need to add seats and a stadium wrap. I'll as much detail as my PC can handle.

11140040_10153738739387518_3535990081973

11215893_10153738739392518_8858091962322

11999079_10153738739382518_8051155472267

12002886_10153738739442518_6643719698969