Australia vs Korea Republic (Final) 8pm kick-off Saturday 31 January at Stadium Australia, Sydney

Pablo

So it's a date with destiny for our Socceroos.

Already, the game is getting close to a sell out, so expecting a crowd of just under 80k.

(this will be down from the usual capacity due to AFC restrictions and areas set aside for international media and VIPs etc)

BOM weather forecast for match day on Saturday is:

Mostly sunny. Light winds. Max 26 degrees Min 18

(expected temperature at kick off time about 22 degrees)

C'mon Aussies, C'mon Aussies, C'mon Aussies !!!

what, are they going to have 7,000 media and VIP's?

It's no where near 7k

Pax is now over 78k and very close to sell out

Normal capacity is arnd 82-83k

Don't know what to believe anymore, article above by Daniel states that AFC have arranged for 7000 seats for VIPs and that it will be capped t 76,000, must have changed minds

7000 VIPs is ridiculous, and wouldn't the media be just on the outside of advertisement boards taking photos and also behind goals? They wouldn't need seats!

I doubt there would be 7000 journalists and commentators.....

what, are they going to have 7,000 media and VIP's?

It's no where near 7k

Pax is now over 78k and very close to sell out

Normal capacity is arnd 82-83k

Don't know what to believe anymore, article above by Daniel states that AFC have arranged for 7000 seats for VIPs and that it will be capped t 76,000, must have changed minds

7000 VIPs is ridiculous, and wouldn't the media be just on the outside of advertisement boards taking photos and also behind goals? They wouldn't need seats!

I doubt there would be 7000 journalists and commentators.....

I highly doubt the figure is 7000 but I wouldn't be surprised if it was around 2/3000. Having been with our boys when they've trained before our champions league games at parra, I've seen how strictly they set up the stadium and how many people there are just to do that. They bring everyone, the amount of people running around the day before the game is unbelievable. I remember when evegrande arrived to have their run on the pitch after we did, there were multiple coaches full of dignitaries, guests, staff and AFC officials and that was just for one team. It's gonna be multiplied tenfold for the Asian cup, particularly when you consider that these are countries, not just single clubs.