AFC Challenge Cup 2014 Thread (Asia Cup Qualifying Tournament)

10405483_881181618562400_536508935510879

For those who can't get enough of football, the AFC official youtube page is showing ALL the games LIVE and having FULL replays of this competition.

Looking at the Group Stage schedule, games will be on the LIVE over the next couple of nights on 9pm and 2am Sydney Time.

The Winner will take last spot for the Asian Cup

Link for LIVE STREAM & FULL GAME REPLAY-  https://www.youtube.com/user/AFCCHAMPIONSLEAGUE

Challenge Cup Info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_AFC_Challenge_Cup

Edited by wanderersfanatic

Staying up for the 2am kickoff to watch this match.

I hope Philippines win, it will be the first time in Australian soil Philippines will have an international sports team playing in Australia.

Pretty much the one and only don't chance as it will be ages before we host another Asia Cup.

There's a big Filipino community in Sydney I'm sure they will travel to those games.

Edited by wanderersfanatic

Unlucky for Philippines.

Fantastic though to see Palestine represented on the wider stage as a country.

Football continues to close gaps and provide opportunities that other parts of society don't.

Would have got a lot more travelling fans from Philippines plus there's a bigger Philo community in Australia.

Anyway. Congrats Palestine on qualifying for their first Asian Cup. Hope you put up a good fight.

I have read what the Palestinian football players have to go through with Israel banning Palestinian football players from travelling to the Maldives to compete in this tournament.

Unbelievable.

But it was very good performance by the Palestinians despite them being 'understrength' and not conceding a goal.

I do hope they do bring a full squad to Australia for the Asian Cup. I would be more than happy to travel to Newcastle to watch the Palestinians play against Japan

Gutted :(

Palestine is through.

Coming 2nd is becoming a trend.. -_- 

This is exactly how I feel!  Damn trend.  The Azkals had a few sitters that they should have put into the back of the net.

Muller was our key player, he ensured that the score remains 1-0 as opposed to a possible 3 or 4-0.

Yeah.. Our goalie was key. But to be honest, we didn't get many shots and did not capitalise on our rare chances. Palestine were the better team on the day, I think it was 18-6 shots on goal.

It hurts even a lot more realising this one the only chance in our lifetime seeing our international football team playing in Australian soil.

I was already planning to go to all their 3 games at Newcastle, Canberra and Melbourne making a big banner "Forza Pilipinas"

All is gone now :(