English Championship & Football League Thread

How big is it going to be next season in the Championship? Wednesday, Leeds, Derby, Forest, Villa, Newcastle and Burton Albion.

And all on Fox. Premier League - pffffttt.

I never thought about this before, but the team that wins the Championship gets a trophy, and the team that wins the playoffs gets to walk the stairs, what does second get?

Seems a bit rich that a team that comes 6th can get to walk the stairs at Wembley. You got promoted, that's your prize. You don't deserve a trophy for coming 3rd-6th.

How big is it going to be next season in the Championship? Wednesday, Leeds, Derby, Forest, Villa, Newcastle and Burton Albion.

And all on Fox. Premier League - pffffttt.

I never thought about this before, but the team that wins the Championship gets a trophy, and the team that wins the playoffs gets to walk the stairs, what does second get?

Seems a bit rich that a team that comes 6th can get to walk the stairs at Wembley. You got promoted, that's your prize. You don't deserve a trophy for coming 3rd-6th.

Boro got presented with a trophy for second, much to the amusement of Burnley / Joey Barton who ridiculed it / Boro  :rolleyes:

Edited by WSWBoro

I see Leeds have decided to halve the tax evaders and staff catering bill for next season.

I reckon cellino can cover any tax evasion shortfall no problem.

Half a season as manager means evans beats the current average for manager tenure by quite a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Dumb question:

I work with a young lady who is a Newcastle United fan.

She's going to the UK on a trip and was about to buy tickets to an away game between Fulham and Newcastle

I recommended that she buy a ticket in the specific away section with the other Newcastle fans

Does Fulham have a "reputation" like Milwall / Leeds etc in terms of violence?

Hi All

Dumb question:

She's going to the UK on a trip and was about to buy tickets to an away game between Fulham and Newcastle

I recommended that she buy a ticket in the specific away section with the other Newcastle fans

I went to a few games at Fulham and it was always a fairly tame environment. That's not to say you're friend shouldn't sit with the away supporters just to be on the safe side

Hi All

Dumb question:

I went to a few games at Fulham and it was always a fairly tame environment. That's not to say you're friend shouldn't sit with the away supporters just to be on the safe side

Thanks for that :good: