Shinji Ono

blameturner

Very few players in the league play every match let alone 90 minutes.

I suspect it'd only be a handful who even made the every match part of that, probably the few goalkeepers and central defenders who were dropped or suspended at some point during the season. Pretty every midfielder and attacker in the squad will get rotated in and out of the squad at some point, or at the very least, accumulate enough cards to get suspended. or just get a knock that keeps them out a week.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why shinji wears asics boots?

Everyone else (i think) in the team wears nike boots. I would have thought that would have been part of nikes contract with the wanderers?

Anyway i love the color of shinjis boots

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why shinji wears asics boots?

Everyone else (i think) in the team wears nike boots. I would have thought that would have been part of nikes contract with the wanderers?

Anyway i love the color of shinjis boots

Most of the big name players have personal boot sponsors that are separate from the club kit sponsor. Barcelona wear Nike kits but Messi wears Adidas boots. I wonder how long Shinji's been with Asics though because I remember seeing him in Nike ads (I think I posted one waaaaay back in this thread).

Just had a look at an article rating the marquees for last seasons a league.

Pretty funny seeing shinjis rating.802175-a-league-imports.jpghttp://www.news.com.au/sport/football/former-socceroo-robbie-slater-rates-the-2012-a-league-imports/story-fndkzvnd-1226509804071

Heskey 8/10? For doing what??? They don't even rate him in his own country!! Lol They obviously didn't see the goals that Ono scored that won n changed games for us, let alone his passing vision.Back to the old days when English football was the be all n end all here, hence Heskeys high rating.

The ratings are compared to the rest of the team they are playing with and how much they stand out amongst their peers. Hence Shinji playing in a great side so has less to do to give an impression. ADP....well... self explanatory really.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1176620/Itchy-Ono-open-to-a-move

Comment:

This is a complete media beef up by TWG et al, when there's no story at all. The only important quote is ""But I say I love to stay with Wanderers." Shinji is especially looking forward to playing in the ACL for an Australian team against a J-League team in March and April. The former team will be WSW, and that's the headline and bottom line.

sign him up again! its players like this that can change the game in a split second with a mark of genius!

shinji-ono-goal-5.gif

Amazing goal. Gif should start several frames earlier to show that he controlled that on the volley from a 40 metre pass Edited by matty

We just don't have the money to keep him. We should enjoy it while it lasts. History shows that teams who have over extended themselves with marquee signings end up failing anyway. Shinji is a step ahead of everyone when he is on the field, but he is 34 years of age and injuries are beginning to catch up with him. He struggles to play a full game these days. Have to assess all the options we have available.

Its more and more looking like we will have a much different wanderers squad next season.

I can see Ono, Hersi, Covic, probably either Beauchamp or Spiranovic gone next season.

Its more and more looking like we will have a much different wanderers squad next season. I can see Ono, Hersi, Covic, probably either Beauchamp or Spiranovic gone next season.

The irony is that all of those players were pretty desperate to find a club to kick start their careers. Now that they have done this at least 3 of them are looking to cash in on their success with Wanderers. That's the price you pay for success.

Edit: Just wanted to add that personally I don't think Spiranovic is European material. He will be looking in Asia again.

Edited by Montalbano