Copa America 2016

woah goat take it easy! haha

Colombia has changed a lot since the Escobar days. It is still a profitable trade, and run by dudes with big guns, but not as obvious now and some other countries have taken up the slack. Unfortunately for the likes of Venezuela, Mexico and some Caribbean countries, they have increased their violent cartels.

There's some typical Colombian women, dancing around with their huge... passion.

woah goat take it easy! haha

Colombia has changed a lot since the Escobar days. It is still a profitable trade, and run by dudes with big guns, but not as obvious now and some other countries have taken up the slack. Unfortunately for the likes of Venezuela, Mexico and some Caribbean countries, they have increased their violent cartels.

There's some typical Colombian women, dancing around with their huge... passion.

lol i was kidding i didnt think anyone was going to get shot :P

Another case for a video referee perhaps.

In the time taken for the referee's to decide if it was a goal or not, they could have deferred to a video referee.

I don't feel sorry for Brasil. They've had so many calls go their way over the years, it's about time they were on the end of a few sh*t ones.

Just watched Peru v Brasil

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Awesome.

Typical Copa America chaos! Love it. How can you take so long to make a decision, and obviously be talking to the 4th official, and still get it so wrong?

Jukes, I think they were checking the video (similar to what they did with Zidane in the World Cup final). Otherwise, what the hell were they doing for 5 minutes?!?

Uruguayan ref, maybe he was sick of seeing Brasil get the calls! To be honest, I thought Brasil had a couple of decent penalty shouts in the first half.

Outside of the ref, I thought Peru played the perfect game. So tenacious in defence, they got to the break at 0-0 and then played slightly more expansive in th 2nd half. A few things stood out about their performance.

*They didn't totally drop deep, even at the end they were pushing up on Brasilian goal kicks.

*They swarmed to the ball. If you don't drop everyone deep, you gotta rush back and get people around the ball, and they did.

*Until the last 10 minutes, they were so calm in defence and playing the ball out. Never panicked, always looked to pass out and only tonked it long when really cornered.

At about 70 minutes I was thinking that Colombia might struggle against them more than Brasil, reason being that Brasil will give Colombia some chances but Peru are looking really disciplined, which could frustrate Colombia as they like to play attractive football.

Anyway, fantastic result - first time Brasil have failed to get out of the group in Copa or World Cup since 1987!

First time Peru has beaten Brasil at Copa since 1975. I think it's actually the first time they've beaten them in a competitive fixture since 1975!!

Typical Copa America chaos! Love it. How can you take so long to make a decision, and obviously be talking to the 4th official, and still get it so wrong?

Jukes, I think they were checking the video (similar to what they did with Zidane in the World Cup final). Otherwise, what the hell were they doing for 5 minutes?!?

Uruguayan ref, maybe he was sick of seeing Brasil get the calls! To be honest, I thought Brasil had a couple of decent penalty shouts in the first half.

The referee's aren't allowed to use video evidence. They can only check if the ball has crossed the line to count as a goal.

The referee spent a lot of that time trying to get the players away from him and his assistant so they could discuss the incident. The players, from both teams, were hanging around to harass them. Drives me crazy when I see that. The referee should just start handing out yellow's if the players won't bugger off.

Edited by Jukes75

The referee's aren't allowed to use video evidence. They can only check if the ball has crossed the line to count as a goal.

The referee spent a lot of that time trying to get the players away from him and his assistant so they could discuss the incident. The players, from both teams, were hanging around to harass them. Drives me crazy when I see that. The referee should just start handing out yellow's if the players won't bugger off.

Completely agree they should start getting the yellow out, would stop the arguing straight away.

I know the refs aren't supposed to use video, but that doesn't mean they won't try!! I agree with Mack, I think they wanted to uses the replay but didn't get to see one, or at least didn't get to see the one from above that made it clear. I just don't think they spent the entire time getting the players back. That ref was talking through his earpiece for AGES.

Think semis will be USA, Peru, Argentina, Mexico

These are too tough to call, with the exception of Argentina.

USA are up and down. Probably home ground to get them over the line.

Second game all depends on which Colombia turns up. Peru can't stick with them if they play well. If they let Peru frustrate them things will be different. I think Peru used up a lot of their luck against Brasil, not just the handball. Colombia to win.

Chile are a powerful team, and starting to click. Mexico have the crowds though. A week ago this was Mexico for sure, now I'm going with Chile.

Bam! Game on!

2-1 USA now

Come on Ecuador!

i only ahve live updates what was the red for?? and velencia's second yellow

Valencia was just dumb, a little bit of scrappy play, his man obviously got away from him with the ball, and I think the ball actually went out, and he just hacked the dude from behind. So, so dumb.

Then it looked like Jones' red was for throwing a punch/hand at someone in the ensuing melee, but really he didn't do anything, just kind of flicked his hand at someone, didn't even connect.

EDIT: wow, two headers for Ecuador, one totally unmarked, missed. They are really on top now.

Edited by btron3000

That was great!

The Ecuadorian coach was sent, and didn't leave pitchside! There was almost an own goal off the US defender, goalmouth scrambles, and everytime the US looked like winning the ball and carrying out to safety, the crowd were going bananas.

Anyway, the Yanks have two or three suspensions for the semi-final, the Argies will smash them.