Another Grand Final Defeat, In Adelaide

First away trip was awesome, though I would definitely book leave in advance next time as the fly in-fly out didn't leave any time to meet with up with you guys. I saw Prydz at the airport boarding the plane back to Sydney (nice to see you Prydz), but a real shame not to have had the time to have met with more of fellow forumites. Got to the Cathedral and faced with a line to get in - finally got in got a glass of champers and then heard the chanting start up in prep for the march, had to neck the drink and get back outside to join the march. 

March was loads of fun, especially with some friends join us who have never been on the march before. Their teenage boys were loving it.

On the game - everything's been said better than I can say. We just didn't have the answer to their tactics. They closed us down with some super aggressive defending, our possession was really poor and when we did have the ball, we had no creativity to create chances. The better team won yesterday. Congrats to Adelaide, they deserved it on the night

So, sad that we didn't win, but so happy I made the trip down to experience an away match with my fellow WSW supporters. Roll on to October!

First away trip was awesome, though I would definitely book leave in advance next time as the fly in-fly out didn't leave any time to meet with up with you guys. I saw Prydz at the airport boarding the plane back to Sydney (nice to see you Prydz), but a real shame not to have had the time to have met with more of fellow forumites. Got to the Cathedral and faced with a line to get in - finally got in got a glass of champers and then heard the chanting start up in prep for the march, had to neck the drink and get back outside to join the march. 

March was loads of fun, especially with some friends join us who have never been on the march before. Their teenage boys were loving it.

On the game - everything's been said better than I can say. We just didn't have the answer to their tactics. They closed us down with some super aggressive defending, our possession was really poor and when we did have the ball, we had no creativity to create chances. The better team won yesterday. Congrats to Adelaide, they deserved it on the night

So, sad that we didn't win, but so happy I made the trip down to experience an away match with my fellow WSW supporters. Roll on to October!

oh you were at that terminal too?

were you wearing your WSF scarf (because that's the only reason I spotted Prydz LOL)

Unlimited, were you in front of the march, sort of towards the side as it was going down to the stadium from the street past the parking barrier things....?

what parking barrier things

I was here there and everywhere during the march

I was actually using the march to find out where the taxi ranks were so I could make my quick getaway after the game ;)

But you weren't behind the banners? The barriers were on the slight downhill bit at the end towards the gate to enter the ground.

I saw someone that matches your description and wearing a WSF scarf ;)

But you weren't behind the banners? The barriers were on the slight downhill bit at the end towards the gate to enter the ground.

I saw someone that matches your description and wearing a WSF scarf ;)

I was never behind the banners

When the march got really close to the stadium entrance I actually ran in because I needed to use the restroom facilities :(

were you wearing your WSF scarf (because that's the only reason I spotted Prydz LOL)

No I was with my Niece, she had the scarf on. We saw Prydz on the line to board the plane. I was carry around a bag with a massive red rubber finger sticking out of it  :ninja:

Just want to say it was special standing in the northern end of the ground yesterday evening. We truly have the best fans in the country.

Turned up to Cathedral Hotel a little late than I wanted to and noticed it was packed so I stayed outside. I'm going to make more of an effort next season to attend some WSF meet ups  :good:

The chanting at the pub and the march down to the stadium was amazing. Kudos to everyone involved...

Soooooooo... how about that police lady at the front of the march....

Pics or it didn't happen
I can confirm that police lady had it going on.

This man I just had to congratulate. On Friday night I met this weird fukker and what a character he is. Welcome to the WSF dude and I look forward to catching up again really soon. Bye the way you weren't there at 8am waiting for me at breakfast like we had planned....  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

No I was with my Niece, she had the scarf on. We saw Prydz on the line to board the plane. I was carry around a bag with a massive red rubber finger sticking out of it  :ninja:

:cheeky:

Just saw this on Twitter, and thought it was interesting.

Popa's ability to motivate players for the big games.

That's now 3 GFs and a lot of derbies where our players don't turn up or the opposition really steps up 

If a player needs external motivation when playing in a grand final he should find another job.

Popa has brought us a premiership, an ACL championship and three grand finals in the mere four years of our existence (which entailed one 1st and two 2nds in the A League). Those are stats that other coaches/clubs/fans can only dream about. How anyone can question Popa's credentials and ability is mind boggling. 

Soooooooo... how about that police lady at the front of the march....

Pics or it didn't happen
I can confirm that police lady had it going on.

This man I just had to congratulate. On Friday night I met this weird fukker and what a character he is. Welcome to the WSF dude and I look forward to catching up again really soon. Bye the way you weren't there at 8am waiting for me at breakfast like we had planned....  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I have to say that Saturday night at the Duke of York was actually the highlight of my trip.

And, along with meeting some forumites for the first time, and catching up with others I've met before, meeting this "young man",  Bearded Bogan (and his brother),  was up there with the best entertainment of the night.

I hope he sticks around here too.  :good:

What were the total numbers that travelled down? Sounded impressive on tv.

I believe the active bays at alliance have a capacity of 4k. Going by that I'd say 4-5k.

You mean Adelaide Oval?

But yes, I'd agree with that estimate.

PS: It was nice to meet you and many other forumites.

Edited by bombagol

Admit it wendy... you loved the impromptu renditions of glorious.

Hahaha I already have admitted it West!  Last night....here somewhere.   :pardon:

I said it was special.... and I probably don't hate it any more. Probably.

I'll certainly remember BOTH renditions fondly.

You all had such big smiles on your faces, it had a different feel to it being sung that way.   :lol:

How did Dmix feel about it??

PS Impromptu??

Prydz has already dobbed you and Hawks in as the instigators!  :xnod:

just got home an hour ago, another GF loss but another amazing GF day, I love away trips.

favourite moment was 10-15 mins after the final whistle, we had our scarves up and still chanting for the club we all dearly love, just watching the adelaide fans during this, they were stunned. 

pretty sure we are United :)

bring on pre season  :good:

Just saw this on Twitter, and thought it was interesting.

Popa's ability to motivate players for the big games.

That's now 3 GFs and a lot of derbies where our players don't turn up or the opposition really steps up

If a player needs external motivation when playing in a grand final he should find another job.

Popa has brought us a premiership, an ACL championship and three grand finals in the mere four years of our existence (which entailed one 1st and two 2nds in the A League). Those are stats that other coaches/clubs/fans can only dream about. How anyone can question Popa's credentials and ability is mind boggling.

And all in his first stint as a manager.

Anyhow, it's pretty much been said already. Congrats to Adelaide, commiserations to us. Glad I made the trip, even though the result didn't go our way. Great to meet a few of you at the pub and at the game and put faces to names. Sorry for not hanging around, but misery doesn't really love company in my case. Dmix, Capt & Lt Jess, I owe you a round.

And so starts the long off season.

Hahaha I already have admitted it West! Last night....here somewhere. :pardon:

You all had such big smiles on your faces, it had a different feel to it being sung that way. :lol:

PS Impromptu??

Prydz has already dobbed you and Hawks in as the instigators! :xnod:

The locals thoroughly enjoyed it too :)

Hahaha I already have admitted it West!  Last night....here somewhere.   :pardon:

You all had such big smiles on your faces, it had a different feel to it being sung that way.   :lol:

PS Impromptu??

Prydz has already dobbed you and Hawks in as the instigators!  :xnod:

Nope Wendy, I hate it and always will. Death is not something I wish to be reminded of or thought of in a flippant manner, when there is a population of people who suffer mental illness and think of it every day of their lives. I do respect the guys who chose to sing it as their choice but definitely my most hated chant of all.

If only some of you were standing on my balcony last night looking down 6 floors to the road below and had the same inquisitive thoughts race through their heads as I do each time I am on a highrise balcony. Then and only then they will understand.  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

On a brighter note, a huge shout out to all of the WSF folk whom made my weekend awesome. We have got a pretty good crew and a mighty fine thing going here. The love of the game at the forefront of everything we do, it's just beautiful. What was even more noticeable as i discussed with Megan and TGYWYW this morning was the fact there was no ill feeling, we all accepted the loss and moved on. We were beaten on the day by the best team in the comp consistently all year and we accepted that and looked at positives for next year instead of dwelling on the negatives.

Looking forward to catching up with a few of your guys in the offseason whether it be NPL or some other type of social gathering. I am thinking a trip to Johhny Warren's shrine down at Jamberoo is definately on the cards in the coming weeks. I will speak to Manny and we will organise this and give out more information closer to the day.  :golecapproves:

Just got back to Sydney and had time to digest the whole weekend. Saturday was good, Sunday morning was great and the afternoon was amazing. The game was a bit of a downer but the best team on the day won and we can have no complaints. Regardless of the result sharing these moments with the rest of the WSW family is priceless.

After the past 24 hours of witnessing non stop social media abuse about plastic chairs, a couple of flairs and ridiculous amounts of dribble posted on the WSW FB page and players personal instagram accounts, I have come to the conclusion that Adelaide are the sorest winners I've ever ******* seen.

Edited by xxBrandonxx

Hahaha I already have admitted it West! Last night....here somewhere. :pardon:

You all had such big smiles on your faces, it had a different feel to it being sung that way. :lol:

PS Impromptu??

Prydz has already dobbed you and Hawks in as the instigators! :xnod:

The locals thoroughly enjoyed it too :)

Hahaha except for those who left early!  Which might have been most of the rest of the patrons!   :lol:  :lol:

All the chanting was Wally, I just joined in.

I also yelled at a group of girls who were trying to make some noise, that was the point I realised I was past the point of no return.

I'll fly back from Adelaide to go see the Jamberoo pub if it's a WSF event

Hi hawks,

Were you in Active at the game... or in Bay 145, near the front,  last night?

You (or someone like you) went very hard with the chanting all game ( I could only see from behind)

I have come to the conclusion that Adelaide are the sorest winners I've ever ******* seen.

To be fair...all the ones we met after the game were gushing in their praise for us, and really appreciative of the effort we made to get there. My favourite was the one who started singing 'shalalalala....we all hate sydney fc!'

Another great trip, despite another loss...the only interstate away win I've ever seen is the 3-0 at Melb City. Oh well.

One thing I'd be interested to get others thoughts on...doing the Poznan when the other team is getting their trophy. I don't agree with it. I did join in eventually because I was right at the back and having a bay full of actives looking at you makes a man crumble to peer pressure...but I think it's a bit too sour grapes...

Anyway, huge props to everyone who turned out, nice to meet some of you again (briefly) on Sat night, and most of all props to the Ambassador hotel for being the most eccentric hotel I've stayed in, complete with a 90 yr old lift in which you need to manually close the doors.

One thing I'd be interested to get others thoughts on...doing the Poznan when the other team is getting their trophy. I don't agree with it. I did join in eventually because I was right at the back and having a bay full of actives looking at you makes a man crumble to peer pressure...but I think it's a bit too sour grapes...

I agree!

Reminded me of chanting through the Mariners' GF presentation.....which attracted some criticism at the time.

I didn't realise a Posnan was performed. I actually didn't think the RBB chant was appropriate tbh.

Not sporting from my perspective.

I have come to the conclusion that Adelaide are the sorest winners I've ever ******* seen.

To be fair...all the ones we met after the game were gushing in their praise for us, and really appreciative of the effort we made to get there. My favourite was the one who started singing 'shalalalala....we all hate sydney fc!'

Another great trip, despite another loss...the only interstate away win I've ever seen is the 3-0 at Melb City. Oh well.

Anyway, huge props to everyone who turned out, nice to meet some of you again (briefly) on Sat night, and most of all props to the Ambassador hotel for being the most eccentric hotel I've stayed in, complete with a 90 yr old lift in which you need to manually close the doors.

Nice man, probably just the keyboard warrior faction