Football Media Discussion

My understanding of what was agreed was that 30% of any increase in the value of the broadcast rights would go to the players.  To get a 30% increase in the salary cap requires a $26m increase in the value of the broadcast rights if the League remains at 10 clubs.  If that $26m increase in the broadcast rights was used to fund expansion by 2 clubs then the salary cap would increase by less.

My understanding of what was agreed was that 30% of any increase in the value of the broadcast rights would go to the players.  To get a 30% increase in the salary cap requires a $26m increase in the value of the broadcast rights if the League remains at 10 clubs.  If that $26m increase in the broadcast rights was used to fund expansion by 2 clubs then the salary cap would increase by less.

Interesting. Wouldn't the FFA then have to actually plan for the increase in clubs? Because if you increase the extra cap money divided among 10 clubs, you surely can't then reduce the cap later. So you have to either say that you are increasing clubs during this tv deal and hold the money back for the new clubs (unlikely), or plan to increase the number of clubs after this deal.

Interesting. Wouldn't the FFA then have to actually plan for the increase in clubs? Because if you increase the extra cap money divided among 10 clubs, you surely can't then reduce the cap later. So you have to either say that you are increasing clubs during this tv deal and hold the money back for the new clubs (unlikely), or plan to increase the number of clubs after this deal.

The deal can have set increases to be paid by foxsports for each expansion club. So an extra $5m a year for each team which would cover salary cap with a little left over. If they were going to go down this road they would need a very well thought out roadmap to deal with fluctuation in the number of rounds which adding each team will create.

If the new TV deal is $10m better then cap increases by $300k. If $20m then $600k etc.

Edited by DinoPresinger

Four Diegos FOOTBALL BOSSES SERIES ...LISTEN NOW FULL INTERVIEW with @wswanderersfc CEO JOHN TSATSIMAS

10 min segment of interview commences at about 24 minutes 

https://soundcloud.com/fourdiegos

Full interview below  

https://soundcloud.com/fourdiegos/football-bosses-series-listen-now-full-interview-with-wswanderersfc-ceo-john-tsatsimas

I don't begrudge anyone going for a pay rise of say 10-15% but 30% is massive and would generally require an improvement from the individuals end to warrant the increase. I doubt the players are going to improve their skill set by 30% all of a sudden. There's a lot of players who probably do deserve the increase but there's just as many who really don't. I want the cap to increase as much as anyone but it has to do so relative to the quality of players.

Four Diegos FOOTBALL BOSSES SERIES ...LISTEN NOW FULL INTERVIEW with @wswanderersfc CEO JOHN TSATSIMAS

10 min segment of interview commences at about 24 minutes 

https://soundcloud.com/fourdiegos

Full interview below  

https://soundcloud.com/fourdiegos/football-bosses-series-listen-now-full-interview-with-wswanderersfc-ceo-john-tsatsimas

Is it any good? Or some corporate fluff?

Full interview below 

Nothing new if you pay attention around here.

Four Diegos â€@fourdiegos  1h1 hour ago

Full interview below 

Nothing new if you pay attention around here.
But to those One-eyed Melburnians (victory and city fanatics) it was!

6 months for calling someone a coward? WTF

Someone is anti Hope

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/24/hope-solo-suspended-us-womens-soccer-rio-olympics-loss

Don't know but Boba Fett has been chasing her brother for ages. Did we do that joke already?

6 months for calling someone a coward? WTF

Someone is anti Hope

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/24/hope-solo-suspended-us-womens-soccer-rio-olympics-loss

Harsh but suck it.

It certainly seems that now the World Cup and Olympics are over they are happy to come down on Hope, given her past issues.

Every week a football team wins by being defensive and hard to break down, the opposition usually doesn't complain with the exception of Al Hilal and this Chick. Ignorant.

Harsh but suck it.
It certainly seems that now the World Cup and Olympics are over they are happy to come down on Hope, given her past issues.

Every week a football team wins by being defensive and hard to break down, the opposition usually doesn't complain with the exception of Al Hilal and this Chick. Ignorant.

Plenty of people complain about it. It happens all the time. Wenger, Ronaldo, our own coach has done it!

But 6 months?!? Feels to me like they are punishing her for past behaviour. Anyway, no sympathy from me.

Harsh but suck it.

Plenty of people complain about it. It happens all the time. Wenger, Ronaldo, our own coach has done it!

But 6 months?!? Feels to me like they are punishing her for past behaviour. Anyway, no sympathy from me.

imagine the **** storm if cr was banned for 6 months for the very similar comments mad about iceland lollllllllllllllllll

Harsh but suck it.

I could have been clearer. Usually the opposition doesn't complain 'much' (with the exception of supporters of course).

To call another team 'cowards' is ridiculous.

Yeah Hope Solo is being suspended for so long because the US football association barely acted on her previous, more serious outbursts. Also 6 months is not that bad...does the US WNT even have a friendly in the next six months?

I read an opinion piece which said that this could be punishment for Hope Solo putting a lot of pressure on the association for equal pay for womens players, but who knows.

Redmayne interview on Daily Football Show!

Sorry cant post link with my phone

https://audioboom.com/boos/4985364-western-sydney-wanderer-andrew-redmayne-on-the-daily-football-show

Here's another podcast (Box 2 Box) from today.

Worth a listen. Saint Bulut gets a mention

McWanderer added,

CrAtT2yUkAASKro.jpg
Box 2 Box @Box2BoxNTS
PODCAST: Commuting home? #ScottNeville on new @wswanderersfc signings & #ffacup
LISTEN: 
6:05 PM - 29 Aug 2016

Yeah Hope Solo is being suspended for so long because the US football association barely acted on her previous, more serious outbursts. Also 6 months is not that bad...does the US WNT even have a friendly in the next six months?

I read an opinion piece which said that this could be punishment for Hope Solo putting a lot of pressure on the association for equal pay for womens players, but who knows.

Didn't she flog the crap out of her cousin at a family function a while back. It seems like this ban is the equivalent of getting a yellow for repeated fouling.

The better resourced club/country berating the lesser resourced club/country for setting up defensively is very annoying though. Players/managers exist in a bubble sometimes - a bit of perspective needed.