Football Media Discussion

Admin: This isn't aimed at anyone specific, just something I've read over and over again and I'm tired of it.

I'm tired of hearing crying about people quoting people they've blocked. If you think someone is breaking the forum rules, then report it. If they aren't breaking rules then it's your choice to block someone.

Your blocks are your own. They only apply to the individual posts of the person you have blocked, and the ability of a blocked person to send personal messages.

Other users are free to quote whoever they want. Stop trying to dictate to other users who they can and can't quote within the rules.

If the block feature didn't exist you'd have to put up with their direct individual posts as well. So deal with and learn to ignore quoted posts by simply not reading them.

If you don't like that, I'll go and disable the block/ignore feature entirely.

Can we make an exception to the rule? I'm rather enjoying how Mapman has become less & less relevant, nobody reacts to his troll bait posts no matter how hard he tries. Yay or nay?

I'm pretty sure that the more basic Foxtel commercial packages only come with fox sports 1, 2 and 3. Hospitals and hotels tend to only ever had those 3 channels I've noticed.

When I went to the first Victory game in Melbourne, the hotel I stayed at only had the ******* Fox Footy Channel.

WTF!!

We must've stayed in the same hotel haha

Admin: This isn't aimed at anyone specific, just something I've read over and over again and I'm tired of it.

I'm tired of hearing crying about people quoting people they've blocked. If you think someone is breaking the forum rules, then report it. If they aren't breaking rules then it's your choice to block someone.

Your blocks are your own. They only apply to the individual posts of the person you have blocked, and the ability of a blocked person to send personal messages.

Other users are free to quote whoever they want. Stop trying to dictate to other users who they can and can't quote within the rules.

If the block feature didn't exist you'd have to put up with their direct individual posts as well. So deal with and learn to ignore quoted posts by simply not reading them.

If you don't like that, I'll go and disable the block/ignore feature entirely.

Have you ever noticed you get sick of a lot of things???

And in a complety unrelated topic what happens if someone reports you? Like do you just click delete or do you have a trial and hearing or do you just laugh??

Once upon a time, in a Bayern Munich forum, I pointed out to one of the mods that he was guilty of what he accused others of doing. Instead of him banning himself he banned me. Great guy!

In comparison with that draconian lot, Mack's rules and regulations are a five star resort in comparison. And balks even shouts beers!!

Guest redwhiteblack

I can't believe there are people on here worth blocking. It's not like anyone is stalking anyone (that is publicly obvious anyway!).

Are we all so sensitive that a few posts on a forum annoy us that much? People need to chillax man!

"The Twitter gene"

- other

I'm pretty sure that the more basic Foxtel commercial packages only come with fox sports 1, 2 and 3. Hospitals and hotels tend to only ever had those 3 channels I've noticed.

When I went to the first Victory game in Melbourne, the hotel I stayed at only had the ******* Fox Footy Channel.

WTF!!

We must've stayed in the same hotel haha

Cant remember what it was called but it was in Spencer street, just down from the station - right near Flinders Lane. It was like a ******* jail.

I can't believe there are people on here worth blocking. It's not like anyone is stalking anyone (that is publicly obvious anyway!).

Are we all so sensitive that a few posts on a forum annoy us that much? People need to chillax man!

I agree...  :ninja:

I could never even think of blocking another user on this website. All the opinions on here are of such a high calibre. I feel blessed to be spending every day reading all of your posts.

For a new forumite Melvin that's a mighty premature assumption you have there....  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  

Same article here too

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/league-viewership-soars-fans-switch-over-epl#:sHuj_HvsCvjqoA

As for ratings, it hasn't had any impact that we can see. FOX ratings are more the less the same as they have always been. Around 60k back in Season 2 apparently and not that much bigger today although we get more spikes these days due to big games, ie derbies etc.

However the ratings system is flawed as we all know. Oz-Tam is out-dated and paid for by 7,9 and 10 and was never meant for STV.

As Foxtel boxes are digital now I don't understand why Foxtel can't work out exactly who is watching what and who is recording what. Surely they should be able to gather this information from every single Foxtel subscriber instead of the current ratings model of a few thousand homes and extrapolating that out across the whole population. Unless it's a privacy issue and thus illegal.

On another note did anyone see Becs on Sportsnight last night?. There for all to see was her hatred for the game.  Webby was on the panel and he was genuinely shocked at her rant.

Edited by beatsurrender