Around the Bloc S04E16: Sydney Derpy

Around the Bloc S04E16: Sydney Derpy

Yep, another derby that we didn’t win, another frustrating performance. The only positive being that we have depth in some positions and therefore the ability to drop players.

We did, however, receive some emails from listeners and give you an insight into the subgroups of the RBB and discuss how the A-League moves forward from here.

This is Around the Bloc

Thanks to Caminito Food Truck for sponsoring this week’s episode!

facebook.com/caminitochorizoalpan

twitter.com/Caminito_Truck

sydneyfoodtrucks.com.au/trucks/caminito

On iTunes or your podcast app or on our website here:

http://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/s04e16-sydney-derpy/

Around The Bloc on Facebook

Around The Bloc on Twitter

Good pod all :)

Was feeling a bit down, not in the mood to listen to it after the derby loss... more reminders of the game... lame. But, glad I did. Even managed to get Mrs. Gazmon listening on route to the shops the other day, she is slowly coming around to listening to it on her own now.

Enjoyed the podcast as usual.

I had a particular interest in the discussion watching the World Cup games in Brasil and talking about safety. We were over there and one of the games we went to was the Argentina vs Belgium game. My son and I had intended to wear our Wanderers jerseys to the game. However, we were advised by some Argentinians that we met that wearing red to a game against Belgium was not such a good idea, particularly if we wanted to walk with them to the game. We were shocked to realise that they didn't recognise the Wanderers jerseys. :shok:  

To keep the peace we donned some blue and changed in the Wanderers jerseys briefly for a few photos outside and inside the stadium.

Enjoyed the podcast as usual.

I had a particular interest in the discussion watching the World Cup games in Brasil and talking about safety. We were over there and one of the games we went to was the Argentina vs Belgium game. My son and I had intended to wear our Wanderers jerseys to the game. However, we were advised by some Argentinians that we met that wearing red to a game against Belgium was not such a good idea, particularly if we wanted to walk with them to the game. We were shocked to realise that they didn't recognise the Wanderers jerseys. :shok:  

To keep the peace we donned some blue and changed in the Wanderers jerseys briefly for a few photos outside and inside the stadium.

Similar in Europe at times too. Even in the UK, I was told not to wear red/blue to a Leeds v Ipswich game in 2000 (EPL at the time). Was going for Leeds anyway, but we were all herded like sheep in and out of the ground to the train station.