FFA Cup 2014

FairPlay

At the end of the day, the club is a business.

They need people through the gate and they will attempt to bring them in from wherever they can.

The supporter side of me who is out there week in and week out does not disagree with any of your points. But I think you also need to see the business side.

for you it is, for me it isnt, and judging by your previous posts, worrys me that you are either A) very tied in with the club, or B) are a part of the board.

the club has been averaging 500-1000 for years, and we still manage ok, made a profit just a year or two ago, we are a well run club, now since M.I has took charge.... i am not disagreeing that this is massive for the club, because it is financially, and all the better, but at the end of the day he did not have to say what he did... you would of got 8k+ anyways.

I am just being frank.

Why settle for 8k when you can get 10 or 12?

Tbh I think it was all banter and just a general call out - football fans, from the area, are more than likely WSW fans. He's not going to say "hey SFC fans come and support us"

The game will be electric, regardless. GA has made comments, Mark Rudan has made comments. At the end of the day the players will do all the talking on the field.

Can. Not. Wait.

why sell your soul for an extra dollar?

at the end of the day it was not needed to be said. end of.

FFS people. this is how its gonna go down.. 

Many of us will go to Edensor Park as we had been already planning to before Rudan's stupid comments. We will go there as GUESTS of Sydney United and although we'll want them to win we are effectively neutral supporters. None of this chanting for them crap. We are WSW not SU58. To show any more support for them would be disrespecting them. They don't need our help. Besides geography, and a handful of shared supporters, a dislike of Sydney FC is all we have in common and this sort of "big brother" mentality that some are adopting is silly. 

FFS people. this is how its gonna go down.. 

Many of us will go to Edensor Park as we had been already planning to before Rudan's stupid comments. We will go there as GUESTS of Sydney United and although we'll want them to win we are effectively neutral supporters. None of this chanting for them crap. We are WSW not SU58. To show any more support for them would be disrespecting them. They don't need our help. Besides geography, and a handful of shared supporters, a dislike of Sydney FC is all we have in common and this sort of "big brother" mentality that some are adopting is silly. 

This.

For the record, SU58 should never have been relegated/stitched up/screwed over/kicked out, Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers should not exist. However, adminitrators of a plastic league branded a team “Western Sydney“. I for one won't see it become a stick for outsiders to beat us with

Oh, so for (for example), this SU58 v Sydney FC match, the prices of tickets have (understandably) increased.

Where is the extra money going  -  is it going to SU58, or the away side, or the FFA, or... ?

increased by $5.

going to the club, sydney united.

tbh the SU fans on this thread through the last couple of pages have reaffirmed why i never took interest in this sport during the NSL days. Is it that hard to be inclusive rather than remain an exclusive club who doesnt want football fans who support wsw at their games.

People can do what they want to do, 

If people want to wear a wanderers jersey and go for United, then let them wear a wanderers jersey and go for United.

If people want to go and just watch a game of football, then just go and watch a game of football, its not that hard

Sure can people could wear their wanderers jersey and go for Sydney FC too. 

Sydney United is a proud club, respect them by going in normal clothes and cheer them on if you want. Wearing another teams jersey reeks of attention seeking. 

tbh the SU fans on this thread through the last couple of pages have reaffirmed why i never took interest in this sport during the NSL days. Is it that hard to be inclusive rather than remain an exclusive club who doesnt want football fans who support wsw at their games.

Totally agree, but I'd also like to make the point that there are still some open-minded SU fans, who understand from a business point of view that more football fans = a positive.

Totally agree, but I'd also like to make the point that there are still some open-minded SU fans, who understand from a business point of view that more football fans = a positive.

I don't think anyone said that it wasn't a positive thing that more fans were going to turn up. 

People are just disappointed in Rudan for creating this very debate by his poor choice of words. The fact is, SU58 will have plenty of numbers, SFC will come out in force for their first competitive fixture of the season in Sydney, and plenty of wanderers fans were already planning to get down to the match anyway. 

This is not a debate about numbers. It's about treating SU58 on equal footing and not pretending like we are "helping" them. 

tht is the key word in this debate "HELP"  that i how it will come across to fc fans given them all the ammo they need to dribble **** as well as they do ( you need other clubs to get numbers - your a tiny club blah blah ) if there is one thing i am almost certain on is SU will be happy for us to go but as neutral they do not NEED or will they WANT our help IMO

personally i will not be going it is a game between fc and sydney crotia let them play it and let there fans enjoy there game at home with out having to worry about wanderers fans aswell as fc fans

good luck to both teams

not to the point that the degrading of our club's name and loyal supporters have to cop, just because it's "good business".

you will never see the club the way i see it, so we will always agree to disagree, so just leave it at that.

I don't think anyone said that it wasn't a positive thing that more fans were going to turn up. 

People are just disappointed in Rudan for creating this very debate by his poor choice of words. The fact is, SU58 will have plenty of numbers, SFC will come out in force for their first competitive fixture of the season in Sydney, and plenty of wanderers fans were already planning to get down to the match anyway. 

This is not a debate about numbers. It's about treating SU58 on equal footing and not pretending like we are "helping" them. 

Bang on.

and like i said in a previous post, i wasnt disrespecting WSW fans, but actually said more than welcome to go....

Guest mickisnot

I guarantee you:

• People will go there in their Wanderers jersey, bringing their big brother mentality.
  • Someone from SUS will give them a serving and abuse the **** out of them.
  • They will come back to this forum and whinge about how little respect SUS have.

iveoYIr.gif

Guest mickisnot

I will go to this game, wearing a jersey of choice - since I don't have a united jersey - and I will be supporting the western Sydney team that is playing.

but if its ***** freezing I will be wearing my wsw snow jacket and you can all come at me bro ;)

I'll pay that. Those things are like a portable heater.

Q: Why are you wearing that plastic franchise ****?

A: **** off **** it's freezing