FFA Cup 2014

FairPlay

600 teams from State and Territory Member Federations in Queensland, NSW, Northern NSW, Victoria, ACT, Tasmania, South Australia and Western Australia.

Each state and territory decides the qualification route with the following amounts of spots each:
Football NSW – 7 Clubs
Football Federation Victoria – 4 Clubs
Football Queensland – 4 Clubs
Football West – 2 Clubs
NNSW Football – 2 Clubs
Capital Football – 1 Club
Football Federation SA – 1 Club
Football Federation Tasmania – 1 Club

Playing it pre season also means that teams won't treat it as a joke like they do in England playing second string sides and youth teams!!!

How does it fit in with the a-league season? Round of 16 FFA cup in August but no word when the rest of the games are being played?

Hopefully games are played over Wednesday night too so people can see all games that are being played or are they not all being televised?

By being played midweek they don't interfere with the other codes which will be a bonus too!

Playing it pre season also means that teams won't treat it as a joke like they do in England playing second string sides and youth teams!!!

How does it fit in with the a-league season? Round of 16 FFA cup in August but no word when the rest of the games are being played?

Hopefully games are played over Wednesday night too so people can see all games that are being played or are they not all being televised?

By being played midweek they don't interfere with the other codes which will be a bonus too!

foxtel will televise a certain amount from round 32 onwards. 10 are drfinites, i think all quarters to final are but they also are free to televise any extras they want. So could be only 10 games or all.

i wish sbs had it!

Hopefully we can be the first club to win the domestic treble!

whats the treble?

Well the FFA did screw up one thing...the promo video they are circulating on social media

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/VIDEO-A-shot-at-victory/86845

Not only does the video stutter and fail, why the **** is all the focus on Pommy FA Cups. Okay, I get the intimate knowledge people have here with the FA Cup and there is a series of cracking stories in its long history. 

But this is our Cup, our knock-out tourney built around the A-League, old NSL, semi pro and amateur grassroots clubs playing in Australia. What's wrong with highlighting the difference between (for example) a Shinji Ono and some kid kicking a ball around for a club in the Nepean District, or Kewell contrasted with someone from Bentleigh or Pascoe Vale? 

It's a great move and everyone should be pleased it's happening but there is no need to pander to Eurosnobs and diehard Pommy hangers on from third division clubs.

Shame that SBS won't get any matches. I would've loved to see a Round of 583 match from live from Popondetta Park :P

Particularly the blacktown association ground closer to the road not the state league one lol 

Well the FFA did screw up one thing...the promo video they are circulating on social media

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/VIDEO-A-shot-at-victory/86845

Not only does the video stutter and fail, why the **** is all the focus on Pommy FA Cups. Okay, I get the intimate knowledge people have here with the FA Cup and there is a series of cracking stories in its long history. 

But this is our Cup, our knock-out tourney built around the A-League, old NSL, semi pro and amateur grassroots clubs playing in Australia. What's wrong with highlighting the difference between (for example) a Shinji Ono and some kid kicking a ball around for a club in the Nepean District, or Kewell contrasted with someone from Bentleigh or Pascoe Vale? 

It's a great move and everyone should be pleased it's happening but there is no need to pander to Eurosnobs and diehard Pommy hangers on from third division clubs.

It wouldnt be the FFA if there wasnt a **** up somewhere

Really bizarre, I thought they would play the quarters prior to the season beginning rather than just at the start. Great way to infiltrate football into the other codes season but then play the quarter finals onwards during the a-league season not during the preseason. Mmmmm.... Might have missed a step here!

Such a coincidence that the FFA has now official unveiled the FFA Cup the year after our Western Sydney Wanderers came into existence.

FFA looks to be in good financial shape and now providing travel expenses for the clubs..

I guess with all the revenue/profit the WSW are making, I guess a portion of the money will go to the FFA since we are technically still owned by them.

I say we should be given credit and that the FFA cup would not have happened sooner if it weren't success of our club both on and off the field.

On the flipside, it is a shame that the FFA treats us as criminals...

Edited by wanderersfanatic

Hopefully we can be the first club to win the domestic treble!

whats the treble?

Premiers plate, Grand final champions and the FFA Cup

What's it called to win 4 titles?

Add to that the ACL baby :cool:

Monday: FFA Cup announced

Wednesday: Inaugural ACL Game. At home

Sunday: Wanderers home game

And my framed jersey is set to be ready this week.

I shall call it "Wanderers Week"

Aha, found how your local NSW club can qualify for the FFA Cup:

http://www.footballnsw.com.au/index.php?id=149&tx_ttnews[year]=2014&tx_ttnews[month]=02&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=8446&cHash=404fb486686ee76783a1b951c9ea1705

Applications for the 2014 Football NSW Waratah Cup will be due by this Friday 21st of February.

All Senior Member Clubs of the IGA NPL NSW Men’s 1, SUPA IGA NPL NSW Men’s 2, Men’s State League 1 and Men’s State League 2 as well as Association teams are invited to participate in the 2014 competition.

Entry will be compulsory for 1st Grade of the IGA NPL NSW Men’s 1, SUPA IGA NPL NSW Men’s 2, Men’s State Leagues 1 and Men’s State Leagues 2 with a maximum of 54 positions available to grassroots Clubs of Football NSW Associations.

This is a great opportunity for all clubs to test their ability against higher division clubs and to compete for substantial prize money.

All Clubs are encouraged to participate in and support this prestigious state wide competition.

The Waratah Cup will be the qualification route to the 2014 FFA Cup.

More detail regarding the 2014 FFA Cup will be announced shortly.

Edited by Unlimited

I don't mind the manipulated draw, at least for the first attempt. Once it can be established that the NPL clubs can push the HAL clubs (the NSWPL and Victorian teams will definitely give them a good run), then I'd like to just see a completely random draw.