Rotation Policy

Can this please disappear completely from the football vernacular, it's doing my effing head in.

Firstly, I'm sure Popa and his team haven't sat down and said, "right, we will replace 3.5 players per game ensuring that everyone in the squad has played at least 162 minutes of football by ACL time." It just doesn't work like that. Further, we have a significant list of players who have been (are) unavailable for selection through injury.

To refer to the squad selections over the past six weeks as being due to a policy is absurd. Every time you use the term from now on, please imagine it in Mike Cockerill's voice and hopefully you don't want to sound like a total **** and will think twice about using it.

I disagree,

Rotation policy = players fitness not good enough to play back to back games in a short period of time and hence moving players in and out of squad/starting XI

It's not a case of saying he has to do it, it's more a case of "oh Santa has pulled up sore after Tuesday but has enough legs to play 45mins today". Also, why start Hersi/Ono/Juric on the bench last week? It is clear that it was done on purpose to keep them fresh for todays game hence rotation policy.

We're still coming 2nd, in spite of all the doom and gloom. The rotation policy is meant to keep us fresh for midweek ACL matches. Why not wait until we have finished the ACL group stage before overreacting to a manager who knows what he is doing? 

Guest mickisnot

Can this please disappear completely from the football vernacular, it's doing my effing head in.

Firstly, I'm sure Popa and his team haven't sat down and said, "right, we will replace 3.5 players per game ensuring that everyone in the squad has played at least 162 minutes of football by ACL time." It just doesn't work like that. Further, we have a significant list of players who have been (are) unavailable for selection through injury.

To refer to the squad selections over the past six weeks as being due to a policy is absurd. Every time you use the term from now on, please imagine it in Mike Cockerill's voice and hopefully you don't want to sound like a total **** and will think twice about using it.

Just to clarify, are you angrier at people just throwing around the term "Rotation policy" every time our first eleven is called up? Or are you angrier at people outright misusing the term "rotation policy"?

We're still coming 2nd, in spite of all the doom and gloom. The rotation policy is meant to keep us fresh for midweek ACL matches. Why not wait until we have finished the ACL group stage before overreacting to a manager who knows what he is doing?

I think you may have missed my point Rodz. Believe me, I would make Popa my second wife if I could organise it, I have so much man-love for our manager.

You are not meant to call it rotation policy ;) But you are right that perhaps we should wait till the end of season before we see what this is really all about, and in the long run see how much benefit we get out of it.

Just play the best players when they are available.

Simple.

Also can someone tell me what the priority is?

ACL or league??

Players fit and in form then play them. If sore rest them but FFS can we stop over rotating!!!!!

Just to clarify, are you angrier at people just throwing around the term "Rotation policy" every time our first eleven is called up? Or are you angrier at people outright misusing the term "rotation policy"?

I really didn't think this through... EVERYONE is using the term now to respond!

The answer to your question, mickisnot, is YES! Angry at the fact that, yet again, Fox commentators have overplayed a hand - a la the Jerome Polenz, serial killer saga - so the football public accepts it as true. Yes, we are using more of our squad than last year, but they are painting Popa as a crackpot who's changing a winning formula on a whim and that stupid term up there in the topic is what is driving it.

/grumpyoldmanrant

I really didn't think this through... EVERYONE is using the term now to respond!

The answer to your question, mickisnot, is YES! Angry at the fact that, yet again, Fox commentators have overplayed a hand - a la the Jerome Polenz, serial killer saga - so the football public accepts it as true. Yes, we are using more of our squad than last year, but they are painting Popa as a crackpot who's changing a winning formula on a whim and that stupid term up there in the topic is what is driving it.

/grumpyoldmanrant

It seems you are more pissed off at Popa being painted as a crackpot than the actual use of the term itself.

Guest mickisnot

/grumpyoldmanrant

Ahh don't sweat it! I find it hard to articulate when I get angry.

I personally try and stay away from Fox Sports commentary, I don't think it's any good. Very sensationalist.

I love The World Game, some people think Craig Foster is an absolute w@nk, and I have to admit when he tries to "Convert you" to football he does comes across that way LOL. But when that guy talks football his insights are just incredible.

Guest mickisnot

i blame angelina jolie for the injuries. kick us away from our training ground.

There would definitely be an argument for that...

Where have the troops been training? I have heard it differs from week to week

Simple.

ACL or league??

Players fit and in form then play them. If sore rest them but FFS can we stop over rotating!!!!!

Even if it's 3 games in 8 days in the middle of summer (heat wave) with 2 interstate games? I'd rather not. And when you look at some of the poor bastards who have had to do it, you'll see it's the players that have recently got the most stick - mooy & d'putz. No coincidence. They are more than likely running on empty. They're human.

There is no manager (out of the competent ones anyway) that would pick the same XI each match. Not one.

Also I don't think there needs to be a blatant policy of prioritising one over the other. What popa is trying to do is maximising the chance of winning both. We may not have the squad to do so, but as long as we have the belief, I'm fine with that.

Come on, come on

Western Wanderers

We sing for you

We will follow you

through the darkness and through the gloom

We will sing for you

Whether we win or lose

Western Sydney

We love you!

Simple.

ACL or league??

Even if it's 3 games in 8 days in the middle of summer (heat wave) with 2 interstate games? I'd rather not. And when you look at some of the poor bastards who have had to do it, you'll see it's the players that have recently got the most stick - mooy & d'putz. No coincidence. They are more than likely running on empty. They're human.

There is no manager (out of the competent ones anyway) that would pick the same XI each match. Not one.

Also I don't think there needs to be a blatant policy of prioritising one over the other. What popa is trying to do is maximising the chance of winning both. We may not have the squad to do so, but as long as we have the belief, I'm fine with that.

I hear ya. And tbh I agree on the point about players backing up being our more poorer performers , so I say play me when "fit"

For me its a question of when is there too much rotation (sorry I used the word) that it disrupts team cohesion.

Like I said maybe Popa will reduce it as we approacg the end of the season.

Although I have some reservations i am prepared to wait and see how this turns out given Popa amazing achievements at our club.

The last two games there's been just a little bit too much rotation but you can put that down to injuries I suppose. You've gotta at least keep a spine of your squad that is relatively consistent week to week. It's all trial and error though, it'll be fine

I'd call that "football management". Name me one manager in the world of football who plays the 11 best players every match with no forethought of upcoming fixtures.

Ok, apart from Frankie.

Arsene Wenger

ok so i have heard nothing but winging from so many difrent wanderer fans via social media and at the games let me set the record straight if you dont like the rotation policie go and support fc popa is a genius a very smart man and unlike the rest of the clubs from australia that participate in the afc he wants as to do our best he is one of the best coaches i ahve ever seen and as soon as we loose a game every one is ready to put him to the sword we loose games we win games that is a FACT if you cant handle that you shouldnt be a footbal support for the squad that was named yesterday they played excellent a few hickups and a doggy start but the two youngsters really steped up and were noticed witch brings me to my second point no rotation policie no chance for the litle guys to prove them selves and have new blood come through the ranks to be sitting in second on our second year and doing very well to back up a fairytale start to our club last year i have not been  happier with the players and most important POPA him self doing an absolute ripper of a job. the other thing i love is when popa ois doing a good job no one says **** but when he is stugling suddenly every supporter becomes a coach them selfs "oh he shouldnt be doing this he should being doing it this way" last i check he was the manager and he knows his s**t. IN POPA WE TRUST

p.s i really think we should have a chant for him at next home game to show IN POPA WE TRUST

end rant

ok so i have heard nothing but winging from so many difrent wanderer fans via social media and at the games let me set the record straight if you dont like the rotation policie go and support fc popa is a genius a very smart man and unlike the rest of the clubs from australia that participate in the afc he wants as to do our best he is one of the best coaches i ahve ever seen and as soon as we loose a game every one is ready to put him to the sword we loose games we win games that is a FACT if you cant handle that you shouldnt be a footbal support for the squad that was named yesterday they played excellent a few hickups and a doggy start but the two youngsters really steped up and were noticed witch brings me to my second point no rotation policie no chance for the litle guys to prove them selves and have new blood come through the ranks to be sitting in second on our second year and doing very well to back up a fairytale start to our club last year i have not been  happier with the players and most important POPA him self doing an absolute ripper of a job. the other thing i love is when popa ois doing a good job no one says **** but when he is stugling suddenly every supporter becomes a coach them selfs "oh he shouldnt be doing this he should being doing it this way" last i check he was the manager and he knows his s**t. IN POPA WE TRUST

p.s i really think we should have a chant for him at next home game to show IN POPA WE TRUST

end rant

punctuation can really help aid comprehensibility of written communication especially when said communication occurs over many sentences and paragraphs also while I'm at it what is a doggy start I don't know why but it kind of turns me on a little sorry for getting sidetracked I guess I'm just distracted by shiny things too easily but back on topic I agree with you wholeheartedly I confessed my man love for Popa above and I am not at all critical of his squad selection I am simply sick of hearing an overused and misused phrase IN POPA I TRUST

1. im a westie it is a miracle i can even operate this computer with out my brain imploding in on its self :xnod:

2. i dont understand why you would think that phase is misused??? do you not trust popa to run our squad because from where i sit he has proven him self at every obstacle

2. i dont understand why you would think that phase is misused??? do you not trust popa to run our squad because from where i sit he has proven him self at every obstacle

Not sure if intentional but brilliant

haha i know what phrase you are talking about champ and im not having a go at you because like you just said you are angry of the phrase being misused not in popa's managing ability  i am just posting my discussed in supports giving it to popa because we haven't won every game in the past 4 weeks and i figured this is the best thread to post it.

1. im a westie it is a miracle i can even operate this computer with out my brain imploding in on its self :xnod:

Good on you !!!

To Bandit....oh never mind...just don't start up like you did on another thread... Haha!!