Interesting Football Stuff.

Benched

Learned quiet a few things. I never knew that Yugal existed, I was aware of JUST and the rest of them though. Slightly disappointing that the paper is so outdated right now though. I'd love to see a rework for the developments in the mean time, especially how the mix of politics and the fact the FFA fisted those ethnic clubs over has impacted that rivalry today.

Learned quiet a few things. I never knew that Yugal existed, I was aware of JUST and the rest of them though. Slightly disappointing that the paper is so outdated right now though. I'd love to see a rework for the developments in the mean time, especially how the mix of politics and the fact the FFA fisted those ethnic clubs over has impacted that rivalry today.

Interestingly there was a club in Victoria called "Springvale United" which was also a Yugoslav club, which even had it's stadium bought by the Yugoslav government for them! When the war began the Croatian folk involved with the club left and the club became Springvale White Eagles.

.@FFA announces @ALDIAustralia as the new official naming rights partner of the MiniRoos. http://bit.ly/2ckuav5 

CsHZmz0WIAA7JqK.jpg

Interesting move from the German supermarket chain.

As far as I'm aware they take a low profile in terms of advertising, though it has risen in the last couple of years. I don't believe that Aldi has any other sports related sponsorship running in Oz (they have big ties in the UK for example with the British Olympic team). 

To be inked in with the MiniRoos may have been a fairly cheap deal for them, but it's pretty canny. We all know the power of kids football, and a supermarket chain that flogs itself to families based on price...smart marketing if you ask me.

Any supporters who had hung around the Premier League club's stadium after their game in midweek would have been left wondering where the strong smell had come from

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4030/english-premier-league/2016/09/16/27556762/why-does-manchester-citys-etihad-stadium-smell-of-garlic

Maybe they should try it on the ANZ stadium pitch? 😂

Edited by FCWanderers

This has Btron written all over it

Ooh yeah.

They're not helping me buy it though, with their pretty but unhelpful website. Can't find out what formats the digital versions are. Print looks a bit expensive at 10 pounds plus postage, but it does look like it's got some nice pictures which might not translate to some digital formats. 

Speaking of ex-Socceroos, my son was down the local park yesterday for a little social football game that happens there every Sunday afternoon with some locals.

He got chatting to Paul Wade, who is a neighbour, and was talking about a trial he had yesterday morning for a local rep team.

Anyway, he told Paul that he was running out of footballs because a few of them had been punctured lately.

Paul went straight home and brought him back another spare ball. How good is that!!!!

Young Wanderboy was thrilled.